Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/144 Trumpeter SU27 Flanker B

Due to Mr Sagan and his inspirational 1/144 flanker build. The one with digital camo on it. I have decided to give one of these tiny kits a go. Quality is Very good on the kits. clean molding and what details they could represent are well donw. The seat is amazing. I couldnt help but add some changes though...

First off i seperated off the flaps, slats and stabs. I will have these drooped like its on teh ground. I also managed to find the very slim canopy seperation mark and used a photoetch hasegawa scribing saw to seperate the canopy halves! I will add what details i can and think are feasable. mirrors from small tabs of styrene, a small slice of clear styrene for hud glass. The HUD supports are molded in!

I am adding minor details to the nose gear well and over the fuselage of the plane. There are some missing vents that are very prominent on the fuselage and intakes as well. They are not molded in so i will try to get something representative on it.

There are also 2 small strakes missing off the outside edges of the intakes. I will add these later but they are also very noticeable details. Other than that the shapes are pretty good and they even got the intakes shaped mostly right this time!..

Sorry about the blurry images. Bad light and a dirty lense dont help. Also this thing is smaller than the palm of my hand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 059.jpg (1.45 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 060.jpg (1.25 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 061.jpg (1.16 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 062.jpg (1.12 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 063.jpg (1.15 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 064.jpg (1.12 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 065.jpg (1.14 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 066.jpg (1.16 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 067.jpg (1.23 MB, 4 views)
Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 AM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1/144 Trumpeter SU27 Flanker B

I 'm in love with that scale. I 'll be watching.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Thanks man im still trying to decide on if i should do a standard flanker paint scheme or the Russian Knights. Kit comes with options for both
Old 06-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Shit got real.

Intake modifications are coming along. Will have some pics up tonight after the glue sets and i can take the clamps off. Then its off to add some more meat to the main landing gear legs.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM

nicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud ofnicholassagan has much to be proud of

Fun little kit, isn't it?? Nice work with all the mods. I tried to "open" my canopy and cracked the damn thing in half. SOO I'll have to build a drone version...

Anyway, keep it up!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Shit got real.

Its a great kit. Just got the intakes feathered in last night. For the canopy i just took ALOT of time and found the molded in seperation mark. Found my thinnest Hasegawa Photoetch scribing saw and went at it...Took about 20 minutes but it worked a treat. The canopy even has the corerct cross section at this scale!

Last edited by HWR MKII; 06-09-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Shit got real.

OK here she is now. Intakes are on and i have about all i can do on the fuselage done. Next will be metal coating the exhaust and gun port areas. I added the antennas and downlock fairings to teh intakes and also made the MLG strut cutouts. I will be going with haze grey gear bays, no real reason except i feel they look better than the ivory ones also seen on some flankers.ALl flankers have red gear door interiors. Still debating finishing scheme but am leaning toward a frontline service craft and not a demonstrator. I have also glued the exhaust in and i hope the deeper burner sections are noticeable . I didnt like how trumpeter put the detail piece right against the augmentor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (1.75 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (1.46 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (1.36 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (1.33 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (1.24 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 006.jpg (1.25 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 007.jpg (1.40 MB, 1 views)
Old 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Shit got real.

Lookin METAL!....I hope it will be easier to discern once the rest of the aircraft is painted. Will let it outgas for a day then hit it with some acrylic clear and mask it off using post it strips. I used Testors Metalizer so its a little fragile. Anything bigger would get Alclad...but im saving that

Funny thing about the flanker...Unlike US and other european jets the intake isnt white and smooth for inspection purposes. Its bare metal. So i shot some buffable titanium down there and rotated a Q tip in them for some highlights. Alot of metal will still be showing when done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 008.jpg (1.53 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 009.jpg (1.67 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 010.jpg (1.44 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 011.jpg (1.30 MB, 4 views)
Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Shit got real.

Starting to look more Flanker like. Going with a 2 color camo to start. Weathering and other things will add alot of interest. I also went with teh deep green Dielectric panels on the tail and nose as i feel they just look neater. White ones dont add enough interest for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 012.jpg (1.48 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 013.jpg (1.46 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 014.jpg (1.44 MB, 2 views)
Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Shit got real.

Looks like were going 3 color instead. Not trying to replicate a specific aircraft, just using features i like from different aircraft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 015.jpg (1.41 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 016.jpg (1.15 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 017.jpg (1.14 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 018.jpg (1.46 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 019.jpg (1.74 MB, 3 views)
Old 06-11-2014, 02:07 PM

KWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the roughKWSTAS is a jewel in the rough

Nice camo.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Shit got real.

Still have a display base to make and some weathering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 045.jpg (1.41 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 046.jpg (1.38 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 047.jpg (1.51 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 048.jpg (1.32 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 040.jpg (1.50 MB, 5 views)