Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 06-25-2008, 12:01 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of
Default YF-23 Black Widow II WIP

Dragon's 1/72 kit...

The rear stabilizers are movable but they just flop around, so I'm going to glue them in place (not in thier current position of course).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-7-08 UPDATE 04.jpg (83.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Freddog; 07-08-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of

Just about 90% done. It came out ok, I guess, but I'm still disappointed 'cause it didn't come out as I had hoped. Some silvering, on a few of the decals, and I filtered the weathering down too much on the fuselage bottom. Also had a bit of primer bleed under the canopy mask. I'm working on a build up for Max (atemylunch) now, which should turn out quite a bit better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-7-08 UPDATE 04.jpg (83.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Freddog; 07-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future

I always liked that Bird Over the F-22 Too bad we will never see it fly !!

Great job on the Build and Paint job.... very convincing

Out !
Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

What a kick ass jet. Love your progress. Can't wait to see more.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

sweeeeeeeeet....I want one in 48th.
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

I want one.......whaaaaa, the collectaire kits $200...
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
I want one.......whaaaaa, the collectaire kits $200...
$209.95 and, from the reviews I've read, it's really terrible kit. The upper and lower fuselage halves do not fit together, the cockpit is to small for 1/48 scale, and the overall model is too large for 1/48 scale. Some dude was working on a really nice 1/32 resin YF-23, a few years back, but there's been no word of it as of late 2006. I'd say the door is wide open for some enterprising pattern maker/GKer to come out with a GOOD 1/48 scale YF-23 kit.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Beautiful job, Fred! You nailed the subtle paneling.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Default Re: YF-23 Black Widow II WIP

Here are some pics of my second Yf-23 that I'm building for atemylunch. The exhaust nozzles, of the real plane, are surrounded by tiles that hide the engines' heat signature. The DML kit doesn't have the tile detail so I partially reworked that area of the kit.

The real plane's nozzle detail...

The unmodified nozzles on the first kit that I built for myself...

The reworked nozzles on atemylunch's plane...

Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Now that is turning into a seriously slick piece of work sah!
The first was excellent and right on the nail with the paintwork, this second one is going to be a peach by the look of it
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All

I was once stationed at Edwards AFB and one day I got tired of being around people so I took one of our electric golf carts and drove down the flight line. I saw a lot of interesting things such as the test pilot school, the NASA 747 that piggybacks the space shuttle, the B-52 that dropped the X-15 on it record breaking mach 6 flights, Boeing employees testing the X-32 (the former competition of the F-35).

And pushed off to the side, sitting alone and looking forlorn, was one of two X-23’s (the other in an Air Force museum somewhere). I looked around and no one was watching, it wasn’t roped off, so I figured what the hell. The cockpit glass was pitted and grazed, most of the instruments were taken out as were the engines.

Since no one had run up and chased me off, I took another chance and climbed into the intake. The intake track curves upward, so that you cannot see the engine from the front. It was surprising how little room there was, thus how small the engines were.

All in all, the X-23 presented an interesting design and it was sad to see what could have been the world’s premier fighter looking like it did. I consider it a great shame that I never took a camera back and got some photos. For that I apologize.

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior
Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 AM

greeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the roughgreeblies is a jewel in the rough

The tiled areas in the back are moveable ramps (vectored thrust) they act as independant elevons. Then ceramic tiles are to keep the engine heat/thrust from melting the ramps. Think Y-Wing fighter vectored thrust vanes on the extensions on the rear of the engines.

Two examples of both the YF-22 and YF-23 were flight tested with each having Pratt & Whitney and General Electric engines. Pratt & Whitney got the contract to produce the engines from the Air Force.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 PM

falcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enoughfalcondesigns will become famous soon enough

Great stuff,what color did you use to do the preshadeing?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 AM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondesigns View Post
Great stuff,what color did you use to do the preshadeing?
It was a mixture of mostly thinner, black and brown with a little bit of gunship grey. I pretty much mixed by trial and error until I got a sorta charcoal black-grey with a brown hue to it.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Brilliant....................

Chris.