Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Fantastic. I love this thing!!!
Old 08-21-2019, 08:14 AM

torgg will become famous soon enoughtorgg will become famous soon enoughtorgg will become famous soon enough

Incredible. I've been watching your builds for years on various sites and the work is always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:08 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much for the kind post Torgg - I appreciate that.

hey guys
I've started the roof panels now and added some details onto the body to try and blend it al in a bit better. It's slow work but quite rewarding (well, to me it is)
I'll start making my way forward now and finish off this side and then mentally prep myself to start all over again for the other side! Joy

I only took 5 pictures before the light ran out, so that's it till next time. Which incidentally won't likely be until I have finished most of the other side, so another few weeks away.
I'm also going to take the plunge and teach myself how to use Arduino boards, which ought to be interesting. There's heaps of forums about how to do it, so I reckon I'll pick it up easy enough. (famous last words)
Thanks as always for looking. Feel free to comment - good or bad. enough.
Cheers
Si
Old 08-30-2019, 05:27 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Looking fantastic! I don't have the patience - nor the eyesight - for that!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-02-2019, 06:42 AM

dtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud ofdtssyst has much to be proud of

Amazing!
Old 09-04-2019, 08:16 AM

torgg will become famous soon enoughtorgg will become famous soon enoughtorgg will become famous soon enough

Whenever I try to attach little ďbitsĒ like youíve done they mostly just turn out to be slightly melted blobs. Iíve tried using tweezers and dipping the bottom of the bit into some glue but in order to do that the glue has to be in something big enough to accept the tweezers which means the CA glue evaporates/dries from the open container quickly. Then I tried applying the glue while holding the bit in place but then you just get a big blob of the CA over and around the bit which I donít see on your pics, so I donít think you do it that way. Iím sorry if this has been asked before but could you share how you apply your ďbitsĒ to the model?
Old 09-04-2019, 05:42 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Yeah happy to share the method. I very lightly skewer the part with the pointy end of a knife and dip.the bit into a small puddle of Tamiya ET cement. The puddle evaporates pretty quickly though so you have to top it up frequently ( just dip the brush into the liquid and drop it onto the edge of the bottle )
Tweezers work ok for larger parts but I find an exacto knife to be the best way to attach parts
Hope that helps?
Old 09-04-2019, 09:54 PM

That's an awesome tip... is that the same procedure for the piping? thanks!
Old 09-04-2019, 11:37 PM

Depends on the size really. For the small stuff yes otherwise I'll use tweezers for the larger ones. With tweezers you just need to grab one end and dip the other end into a ET puddle.
Only use CA on brass or resin though unless you've got a wickedly stubborn join. Again a puddle of CA on a strip of masking tape is the way I go when using it. You can control the amount of glue used on the part much better that way. I'm onky referring to small parts though and not long or large surfaces
Old 09-16-2019, 03:59 AM

hi fellas
Time for a quick update. The wife is heading away for a week with the boy, so I shall have lots of spare time to invest in getting some serious work done on this - provided World of Warships doesn't interfere too much. I promise nothing....

I've started work on the "nose" as you'll see. I steered clear of cutting it off and dropping it like others before me. Fair enough if I was replicating the studio build but it's not necessary here. I realised I had cut out the backing board where the front roof sits thinking there would be something sitting in front of it - there is, but it's not what I thought. A quick sheet of styrene fixed that and I shall add some detail to it in due course. My intention is to have some pipes running back over the edge up into the cavity above it.
Time will tell if that will be something that could work as the roofs will be the last thing to be glued on after the fibers have gone in.
Still lots of detail to add to the rest of the surface but I am getting there slowly but surely

The rear side roofs are also completed and ready to go on. They were a nice quick and easy job - well, in consideration of everything else they were

Well, that's all I have for now, but hopefully the next update will be better
As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look
Si
Old 09-16-2019, 06:47 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Old 09-17-2019, 06:38 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The next update will be better... As if this one wasn't!

Again, great on the added details. Really bringing it 'alive.' Also really liking the overhangs you've put around the roofs. Very nice!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 PM

Hi again

Last update before a short tools down period. I've not really spent as much time on the bench as I thought I would but did still manage some decent progress

The front end is as busy as I want it now. Just need to start filling out areas around the hull. I won't go to crazy as I want to try keep to the grand scale and immensity of the ship.

At the same time, most of this detail will likely be obscured by the paint.

Well, that's it for now but feel free to share any thoughts you may have

Till next time

Si