Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 02-05-2016, 06:24 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
I don't think this guy has a website but his Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/plaques4props/?fref=photo

The plaques are .02" thick aluminum. The image is dyed into a special coating that is applied to the metal. The special ink that it's printed with gets pressed into the coating with an industrial heat press. It will not come off. He can do any size up to an 8" x 10". $11-$12 each. Very quick turnaround.

What kind of artwork does he require?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:32 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
What kind of artwork does he require?
I think he handles pretty much anything you throw at him. I know he uses Illustrator and Photoshop so anything raster or vector can be used. He's good at showing you samples as he goes too.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:40 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Splendid. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Interesting.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:05 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Interesting.....
Yeah, plus he's in Youngstown...
Old 02-05-2016, 07:39 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

After I saw the Sentinel plaque. I looked him up and I have ordered a plaque of my own for the Wayne. I will post pictures once I get mine, but I can attest that he is great with communication and is very easy to deal with. Great find Bill.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:40 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Yeah, plus he's in Youngstown...

Whoa......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
[...]
I did that astronaut pic just for you! Jack has ordered several cases of champagne.

Much appreciated!
And I look forward to drinking a glass of the captain's finest at the commissioning.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:16 PM
All ahead full

Impulse drives got some attention this weekend. The inner PE hex grills were cut and glued to a corresponding piece of acrylic - sanded on both sides to diffuse it. (3) red 2mm LEDs and (2) orange 3mm LEDs were used to light the engines. I've also attached a video showing the pulsing effect by running the orange LEDs through the 'rotating beacon' circuit of the 6v navigation board.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 PM

Lord Uglor New face in the crowd

Fantastic work! You have given me ideas for my own build, a 1:1000 NX-1701-A, and an increased desire to continue work on it too!
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Those look great.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:50 AM
All ahead full

Thanks!

The nacelles have been 3D printed! (Both port and starboard) This happened last week while I was out-of-town and Jeff shared these pics of them fresh from the hatchery. The fit is reported to be nice and tight. The whiter pieces will be polished to reveal full transparency (front dome, side grills, and aft cap insert details). Progress!!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:57 AM
It's gonna get real now.

WOW!!!!

Amazing.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:03 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

SWEEET!!

Love the impulse and lighting effect. Does the sound go with the model?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 02-18-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:08 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
SWEEET!!

Love the impulse and lighting effect. Does the sound go with the model?
Thanks! I was just thinking about adding some small speakers to run ambient engine idling sfx. That may happen in a later refit.