Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Thank you Mr. Tiberious! It's a great honor, got a free issue in the mail and everything!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Sweet!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Sentinel-class in 1/1000 kit form are available any day now from UGH Models. I got an advance pair, Electra and Vanguard ready for the paint booth:

Old 12-29-2017, 12:24 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

I just ordered one myself. Great design, congrats! Any chance of a 1/1000 Shangri-La as well?

Chris
Old 12-29-2017, 12:31 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
I just ordered one myself. Great design, congrats! Any chance of a 1/1000 Shangri-La as well?

Chris

Thanks Chris! No, I don't know if UGH has any future plans of a Shangri-La although Repulse and Hood are of interest to them.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

My model of the Sentinel just showed up. It looks great, Admiral. Now I know you didn't make the molds and poor resin, but they are your lines, and they are quite lovely.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM
All ahead full

Fantastic! I’m glad you got one of the first batch. I think they’re just about sold out of the first 50. But, I’m sure they’ll cast more. Repulse should be the next in line.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:34 PM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Hello all :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
My model of the Sentinel just showed up. It looks great, Admiral. Now I know you didn't make the molds and poor resin, but they are your lines, and they are quite lovely.
Just received mine and all parts where very nice with no bubbles and minimal/absent moldlines. Perhaps they will replace parts if it was a bad pour?

As for the rest, well.....

:p

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Schtupp View Post
Hello all

Just received mine and all parts where very nice with no bubbles and minimal/absent moldlines. Perhaps they will replace parts if it was a bad pour?

As for the rest, well.....

There you are! I have been trying to reach you for years! Welcome aboard!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Shipwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
There you are! I have been trying to reach you for years! Welcome aboard!
Then to paraphrase Shakespeare our meeting was well made. Thank you sir :)

Congratulations (belated) on your Sentinel build. To say that the end result is extraordinary is a gross understatement and the skill and ingenuity in it's execution is beyond impressive. To actually see it brought to life is stirring. The fire to build it must have been very bright and I'm very glad that you didn't need to wait for any response from me.

Usually I get notifications on posted comments and somehow your inquiry was missed so for that I apologize, there was a graphic already posted further down the page that would have answered your size relationship question. But no matter, you figured it out on your own!

The design does have a somewhat interesting development path over the course of 4 years or so with the earliest versions created about 1999-2000. As with all my models, it was for modifying the game series Star Fleet Command, basically the computer version of the venerable paper and dice wargame Star Fleet Battles. Actually its ultimate configuration might even come as a surprise to you and other members of this forum and if you would like I would be happy to share some unpublished renders and short background on the design. Not too nerdy I promise...

So Admiral Buck, I was very happy to finally find your build thread. I knew you had to have one but it wasn't easy to find. I found it not only informative but entertaining as well. It has a very good level of detail and I enjoyed the background info like the ship's uniform symbols, plaque and the "cast and crew". I don't know what your profession is but you definitely know your way around the Adobe Creative Suite. I wanted to congratulate you here instead of the Facebook. Much better here where you are amongst peers and know everyone "gets it" so to speak. With that I look forward to reading your other build threads and seeing your next project!

Cheers! - LS

Old 01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
All ahead full

Well, I am thrilled that we've finally connected and honored that you've approved of my take on your brilliant Aurora concept. It was indeed a labor of love.

I would greatly welcome any and every bit of material you have on the design development. I can't tell you how many hours I squinted over the details of the few tiny images I had as I attempted to draw the schematics. So, please share your renders - this is the place where nerdy Rules!

Feel free to take a look at the builds threads for Hood, Repulse, Shangri-La, Wasp and the latest workbench project, the 1/24 scale N-Type shuttle.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 01-10-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Bought my Sentinel from Ugh; she should be landing any day now, Admiral.

Best -
-SF
Old 01-10-2018, 01:16 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Bought my Sentinel from Ugh; she should be landing any day now, Admiral.

Best -
-SF
Congrats! Please post pics of your progress! It's a surreal feeling knowing a fleet of 50+ is now wandering the planet.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Shipwright

Quote:
Congrats! Please post pics of your progress! It's a surreal feeling knowing a fleet of 50+ is now wandering the planet. :eek:
I for one am comforted.... :)

Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 AM
Shipwright

Quote:
Well, I am thrilled that we've finally connected and honored that you've approved of my take on your brilliant Aurora concept. It was indeed a labor of love. :D
After the initial shock of seeing the model on Facebook my first impression was "Hey great job" but when I found this build thread then I was truly impressed. I'm not easy to impress and I don't use such lofty words readily; with my professional background I have a deeply critical eye and if anything is out of proportion, the wrong shape, looks like it doesn't belong or has purpose then I'll hate it. I fully approve and consider the honor to be mine.

Quote:
I would greatly welcome any and every bit of material you have on the design development. I can't tell you how many hours I squinted over the details of the few tiny images I had as I attempted to draw the schematics.
Seeing this thread I really missed out on participating as there is nothing that I love more than giving my 2 cents on this and that. I could have "helped" you in so many areas but you know what? Much better that it happened this way. With the areas that you changed and details that you had to fill in by yourself plus all the sweat to bring out of the digital and into the real world you truly made it your own.

Quote:
So, please share your renders - this is the place where nerdy Rules!
Oh I don't know, I can get pretty nerdy....

I'll do a nicely formatted post in this thread soon.

Quote:
Feel free to take a look at the builds threads for Hood, Repulse, Shangri-La, Wasp and the latest workbench project, the 1/24 scale N-Type shuttle.
I will read each thread; what I have seen already they are all awesome but for me the Shangri-La is my favorite. Love it. Very original. Easily one of the finest designs of the TMP era I have seen, definitely Andrew Probart-level. You hit the mark on that one for sure! :)