Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Very nice work ! Wish I'd bought one of these kits. The illumination is outstanding. Very even lighting with no flaring !

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 12-15-2007, 03:30 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

I cannot fathom how small it is. It sure looks big and mighty in the final pics. Another astounding piece of work.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:08 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very Nice! Is the Micro Krystal Clear similar to Future?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Very Nice! Is the Micro Krystal Clear similar to Future?
No. It's more like Elmer's White in color and consistency till it dries.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Same as Testors window cement?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666 View Post
Dunno. Never tried that.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 AM

danald New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666 View Post
Micro Krystal Clear is a lot more clear than the Testors stuff
Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Where do you find that stuff anyways?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Where do you find that stuff anyways?
I ordered mine from Squadron back in the early '90s. Still got plenty left.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:36 PM

novahobbies New face in the crowd
Default Re: lit 1:1400 Intrepid Class

Beautiful work!

Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, and even though I know the chances are slim....if the OP is reading this, do you have more images from the 'in progress' phase? I just picked up a plastic 1/1400 Voyager with the intention of lighting her up properly. The only obstacle I'm worried about is accurately cutting the channels for the lateral sensors -- especially in the primary hull! I'd love your input on how to do this step.

Your method for casting clear resin into the mold recesses of the warp engines is inspiring. I was originally going to make 2-piece molds of the engine parts for this purpose; now I see I just need open face molds and some careful xacto work. Brilliant!