Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Sherlock....nice build so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
It's so sick it's grand!

Oh... and I couldn't resist...

This is just too funny for words.....
Old 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Almost finished with the chipping of the paint. Just a few more spots that need it.

Filled in the attitude thrusters with grimmy black. Finished the detailing on the engines, and washed them with grimmy black.

Will be doing the rest of the decals tonight.

And, hopefully, the engine burners will be done tomorrow. ( I screwed up on them with the painting and had to strip the paint off of them. It happens to the best I guess.... )

Gil

Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 AM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Thanks PacRatJR

I really do appreciate all the praise you guys give me.

Finished the decals.

I had done some custom decals for my "Starbuck" version of this kit, making the Viper my own Mk 2. Most have seen these pics before....but.... just for re-iteration.....

Since I've been working on Mark's since before I finished mine, I ordered custom decals for his as well.
Sooooooo...... here are the pics of the finished decals.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Oh WOW Sherlock Holmes. That is fantastic.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:05 AM

Thank you Rider,

Got the burner cans done.....(finally )...... And attached.

Weathered them with dry brushing of aluminum. And tested the lights again.

Now this weekend it's on to the final weathering.

Gil

Don't look directly into the light !!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Wow, that is awesome! Well done man, well done!
Did you say final weathering? I think she looks perfect!
But that's me..

Thank you Mr. Monkey

yes I did say final weathering...... The ship still needs a little dirtying down, and of course the abligatory blast marks. (those dam Cylons!!)

Gil
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 AM

Well, the model is basically finished!!!!!
Weathering was done with some washes and pastel chalks.
Blast marks were done with liquid mask, washes, and pastels.
Tried to recreate the way they were done on the fullsize set pieces and the cgi models...... I think they look pretty close.

Canopy windows are done as well.

There are still some very minor details to do, and ..once I get the model mounted and the circut board hooked up.... there are still some light bleeding that needs touching up. (it really never ends until you decide it to end...right?... )

Now it's on to the base.

Gil

Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Bang-ZOOOOOM!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 AM

Thank you OOT and Mr Monkey.....

This thread seems to be loosing some interest.... soooo just a small bump today.

Pics of the circut board that a buddy did for this project.

And the start of the base. Made from a lexan orginizer.

Gil

Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Mmmmmm.... buss-bar and trimmer pots.... mmmmmm.....
Old 02-13-2008, 06:55 PM

Yea guys..... Randy (the buddy that did the circut board) may be willing to do special orders for other people on different subjects.
I'll have to talk with him and see if he'd be willing to do side jobs.
Let me know if anyone here would be interested, and I'll talk with him about it.

Gil
Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gil. Is that Randy from Voo Doo EFX? He's going to be doing the boards for the Battlestars.

The build looks great. Thank you. It makes things a little more fun.

I'm working on the MK VII for Frank and Moe. My part of the project

It will be out soon guys. Frank will be making the announcment soon.

Mark

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....
Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

I'm honestly not a huge BSG fan, although I will watch it once-in-a-while...
But I am liking the viper more and more.

This is turning out pretty cool.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Base Star Commander View Post
Hi Gil. Is that Randy from Voo Doo EFX? He's going to be doing the boards for the Battlestars.

The build looks great. Thank you. It makes things a little more fun.

I'm working on the MK VII for Frank and Moe. My part of the project

It will be out soon guys. Frank will be making the announcment soon.

Mark
Glad your liking it Mark... ( a little bright spot is the least I can do for you buddy....)

And no... it's not Randy from Voo Doo. This Randy is from my club out here in AZ. He works in an electronic company.

Gil
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
I didn't realize that you were planing switched power for the different lighting effects.
That's really something!
Oh, It isn't lack of interest my friend. It's been a long day (two actually). Just haven't got around to looking in till now.
No prob Mech......

Yes, as far as the switches..... The base will have a master on power switch or button...(I haven't decided yet).... and then the four swtiches for the four different light circuts......
1) Instruments
2) Pilot Helmet
3) Formation Lights
4) Engines

The trimmers .... (or pots ).... on the board are so I can set the brightness of LEDs for each circut. For instance, the insturments and formation lights are WWWAAAAYYYYY ttooooo bright on full power, so the pots will let me turn them down to a more realalistic level. But the helmet lighting, and the engines will probably be left at near full power.

Gil