Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 TOS Miranda, NCC-1833

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm looking for designs for interesting TOS-era shuttlecraft. Miranda's going to have big shuttlebays, and they need populating
Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Subscribed and ready to see this take shape, Dave.

Agreed with Mr. Raytheon esq. in that a shuttle bay interior is essential. I love detailed bay interiors. They even make Trek models look cool.

Mike
Old 10-31-2013, 08:51 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

I like this guy's "Captain's Dart" design:

http://ptrope.deviantart.com/gallery/25780788

Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
I had seen his stuff thru Trekworks also. I know he sells on eBay - as a matter of fact, I bought some masking tape from him. It's supposedly the same stuff as Tamiya, only bigger rolls and a lot cheaper. The purchase went well, no problems.

http://myworld.ebay.com/orbital_drydock/

I sent him a note on eBay asking if he'd do masks for me. Also, I like his TOS aztec masks, looks like they'll find their way on this build too

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Subscribed and ready to see this take shape, Dave.

Agreed with Mr. Raytheon esq. in that a shuttle bay interior is essential. I love detailed bay interiors.
It's gonna happen And don't tell Raytheon Esq I said this (don't want his head to swell), but I'm scouring his threads looking for ideas and I HOPE he pipes in here often.

Quote:
They even make Trek models look cool.

Mike
HOLY CRAP that is high praise!!!!!

Quote:

THAT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post

HOLY CRAP that is high praise!!!!!
Don't get too excited, I had to force the words out.

Hey, you Trek guys think that us BG and SW greeblie guys are nuts, I think that aztec painting is the closest thing to complete madness! No way in hell I could do that.

Mike
Old 10-31-2013, 09:50 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Hey, you Trek guys think that us BG and SW greeblie guys are nuts, I think that aztec painting is the closest thing to complete madness! No way in hell I could do that.

Mike

I think the one equals the other. They are both quests for the best possible detail and accuracy, they're just different techniques.

Studio-scale and studio-type (which I'd consider this to be) modeling calls for a lot of time and a lot of money to be invested. A modeler would be silly NOT to give it the extra effort to get all the details RIGHT.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Amen to that. Just don't take 14 years....and counting.

Mike
Old 10-31-2013, 11:06 AM

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

You could also do John Payne's heavy survey shuttle:

More: http://www.inpayne.com/models/kitbas...uttle_vgr.html
Old 10-31-2013, 11:12 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Amen to that. Just don't take 14 years....and counting.

Mike
LOL! It took me maybe 5 years to get from a 1000th Miranda to the 650th. I almost feel like I'm asking too much if I expect to get this one done in seven months

Quote:
You could also do John Payne's heavy survey shuttle:

More: http://www.inpayne.com/models/kitbas...uttle_vgr.html

I'm definitely going to need both bays open. I like that shuttle a LOT. I wonder what its measurements are.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM

Size shouldn't be too hard to guesstimate, if you assume that the side door is the same size as Galileo's.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:59 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Size shouldn't be too hard to guesstimate, if you assume that the side door is the same size as Galileo's.
True.

I emailed him with a couple questions about it.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:

THIS would make a great model by itself!!!

About 12" long of course.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM
It's gonna get real now.

LOL at the fuzzy dice!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
LOL at the fuzzy dice!

Yeah----I'd lose the mirrors and Blower intakes as well....