Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-31-2013, 01:28 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 TOS Miranda, NCC-1833

I believe you misunderstood - I think the dice are awesome!

Last edited by The Cat; 10-31-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:32 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
LOL at the fuzzy dice!
And the "I Brake for Tribbles" bumper sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post

Yeah----I'd lose the mirrors and Blower intakes as well....
I prefer to think of them as micro-torpedo launchers.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Quote:
True.

I emailed him with a couple questions about it.
John's a Hell of a kewel guy and I'm sure he'll respond. He's a fantastic modeler and got a veritable ton of Trek kitbashes on his site, too. Then there's his WWII stuff.

I've been trying to get John to join here for a couple of years now. He keeps declining, tho....

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:47 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

If this turns out half as good as your 1/650th I'll be disappointed.

It needs to be equally as good and I'm sure it will probably be better.

No pressure though...

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I sent him a link to this thread....maybe we can entice him mwahahahaha!!!

I also asked him if he'd mind if I built one up for my ship's shuttle bay.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekriffic View Post
If this turns out half as good as your 1/650th I'll be disappointed.

It needs to be equally as good and I'm sure it will probably be better.

No pressure though...
Oh no. I'm not feeling any pressure. None at all
Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
I believe you misunderstood - I think the dice are awesome!
I think they are too---as well as the mirrors and blower intakes----I get what he did.

I just think it stands well by itself as something a little more serious.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I think that would be exactly the kind of ride James T Kirk would have if possible. Fits his personality. Flashy, fast, and I bet tricky to control - just think rear-engined Porsche. I can see him conjuring something like up that on Omicron Delta, and taking Ruth for a ride.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 AM
It's gonna get real now.

More ideas:

http://evilgenius180.files.wordpress...terorbit01.jpg
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Well, even though I'm partial to this design, I think it would be perfect. I was thinking of making them in 350 and 1000 scale, maybe your project will get me to finally do it. Its what Matt would have wanted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.JPG
Views:	581
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	66570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG
Views:	622
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	66571  

Last edited by srspicer; 11-01-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:14 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Well, even though I'm partial to this design, I think it would be perfect. I was thinking of making them in 350 and 1000 scale, maybe your project will get me to finally do it. Its what Matt would have wanted
Scott, if you do any of those in 350th, I want at least two for my shuttle bay.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Scott, if you do any of those in 350th, I want at least two for my shuttle bay.
Done.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:22 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
I think that would be exactly the kind of ride James T Kirk would have if possible. Fits his personality. Flashy, fast, and I bet tricky to control - just think rear-engined Porsche. I can see him conjuring something like up that on Omicron Delta, and taking Ruth for a ride.
Precisely!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:53 PM
It's gonna get real now.

John sent this KICK-ASS technical readout to me and gave me permission to share it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Heavy Shuttle Datasheet.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	66583  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Getting serious now. My Project Manager is on the job.

One of the first things on the agenda was to install the rectangular clear pieces. What are they? My take on them is that they are skylights in rec areas or something. So, I cut out the mounting flanges to make more viz room. There'll be some sort of interior details visible under them.

I glued them flush with the top of the saucer. Same with the round 'light' at the front. I had to slice the round part of the light off its flange to get it to sit flush with the surface.

I slopped the glue on the top and let it seep down in the seams. When that dried, I did the same with superglue. You'll see why later.

REL's 350th USS Sagittarius is sitting on the saucer:

A view of the superstructure, with the kit's shuttlecraft making an appearance.

I need to fill in the gaps around the B/C decks' windows. The gaps aren't all that visible from a couple feet away, but this pic makes them show up very well.

I sanded the surface down till the white primer disappeared. That's how I was able to tell when I had sanded just enough to make it go away.

The sanding block dressed up the clear parts I glued in and neatened the seams. I'll mist some primer on it later to see how neat the edges are but they look good so far:

Since the top has been sanded, it was time to make The Cut. It's all or nothing now!