Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Looking forward to this!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:41 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Couple of small detail updates. Brass collars were cut for the upper hangar beacon light as well as the main hangar dome:

All four pair of 3D printed phaser turrets were mounted port/starboard above and below the primary hull. Circles were scribed around each turret.

The starboard pylon was also finished and both were scribed with a few panel lines and primed. A new stern top was cut from a spare casting and a hole cut to light the aft dome.

Bigger Update! The nacelle masters are at the Great White North shipyards of the Blaposphere for casting. Blappy also brought out the lathe to carve a master for a new inner dome. These will be cast clear and frosted beneath an outer orange-red bussard cap.

The guys at Big Easy Modeling Solutions were also contracted to produce a Beta test dual ring light system to light the nacelle caps. The outer red LED rings spin counter to the inner orange ones.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Hot damn. My mouth is literally watering to see this thing up and running.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:16 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Sweet deity on a popsicle stick.
Just when you think the Admiral can't out do himself...
Old 04-10-2016, 06:15 AM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Indeed, this is phenomenal! Those phaser turrets look terrific!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:08 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Interior modules received paint, decals and a light wash of oil to bring out the small details. The upper utility bay also received transparencies on the both sides of the small interior, these will be backlit:

Main hangar with painting, decals and an added flight ops control room:

Expert casting continues at the Blaposphere with lots of rubber:

Clear part casts - inner domes and blue tinted side grills:

Resin parts fresh from the molds:

The Big Parts:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:28 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

O.M.G...

Old 04-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Imperial

! That is all.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:32 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Those parts look most excellent! Your design and build and Blap's casting are coming together like a well-oiled machine! Just lovely.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-19-2016, 02:04 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Those parts look most excellent! Your design and build and Blap's casting are coming together like a well-oiled machine! Just lovely.
If this were any more well-oiled, it'd be zero-G.

More Blap! Goodness today in the form of cast tinted bussard domes. I love how these turned out and combined with the solid resin frosted inner dome - they glow! There will also be a clear version of the outer domes to try out as well since the LED light rings will be orange and red and I don't want to lose too much color.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Imperial

Sweet!!!!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:55 PM
All ahead full

As I wait for the nacelle parts to arrive, I started to tinker with the paint scheme. I was initially led to believe - and according to the instructions on the TOS 1:350 E box - that Tamiya IJN Gray XF-12 was the base color for the hull. So, I bought a metric ton of the color and shot a test batch on the bridge strong back and pylons - wow is it GREEN. Maybe I was used to looking at her in primer gray for so long but compared to all other ships I've painted, this color is almost a Klingon Navy shade.

Back to the drawing board and a look at other reference material and paint chips reveals that Tamiya's Sky Gray XF-19 is a more neutral gray that I can mix and tint to make my various hull panel. I mocked up a test-image in photoshop to try out the top-view color scheme:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Imperial

Wow. That is all kinds of green. Love the concept btw.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Wow. That is all kinds of green. Love the concept btw.
Thanks Mr. Warrior! I like green but not so much on the S.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:21 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks Mr. Warrior! I like green but not so much on the S.
It's kind of a 1969 hospital wall green!