Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
2nd time member AKA: TheoD

Theo2 will become famous soon enoughTheo2 will become famous soon enough
Default Weekend Project

This last winter's storms trapped me at home for a number of weekends in a row. To amuse myself I decided to see what I could produce as a pure flight of fancy using whatever I had at hand. I started with a half formed bust that I had abandoned many months ago. I had bits of oilbased clay in a variety of colors and hardnesses and before I knew it a goblin started to take shape.

I mounted the head on a linoleum board in order to make a silicon mold. I filled in the undercut.

Using waterbased clay and silicon latex I created a block mold.

By this time, several weekends had passed, and before painting my goblin I needed to create a stand. Again, looking for stuff around the house, I decided to create the basic shape using some old Legos. I made some simple molds of a small skull I had in my parts box as decorations.

Now all that remains is to paint this guy up. Next time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpc1fahQAM.jpg (88.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Weekend Project

Outstanding work, and welcome to RI!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Mad skills theod! What happened to your previous sign in? Anyway - great to see your work again
Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
By Your Command

GoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the rough

I like it. Very cool spare parts you have laying around. Are you a member of the artistic side from the A-Team.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:42 AM

toonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nicetoonarmy is just really nice

Very creative.Bust looks great.Love the Lego idea
Old 04-26-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks. For those interested, somehow or other, my original name, TheoD experienced computer death thanks to my confusion over what to do when I changed computers, operating systems and browsers.
Some years ago I purchased cast resin skulls in a number of different scales from Bonz Clones along with a tremendous anatomical model in one third scale. I've pulled copies from these to use in armatures or as references. I highly recommend this practice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg armature5 2-25-09.JPG (533.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-16-2011, 07:55 AM

This weekend the weather was lousy again, so I was able to spend some time painting my creation. First I tackled the base with black auto primer, dry-brushed acrylic paint and dry pigment.

The bust was painted in a variety of model paints, washes and dry pigment. I'll probably spend some more time around the eyes before I call it done.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM
By Your Command

GoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the roughGoldCylon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo2 View Post
Thanks. For those interested, somehow or other, my original name, TheoD experienced computer death thanks to my confusion over what to do when I changed computers, operating systems and browsers.
Some years ago I purchased cast resin skulls in a number of different scales from Bonz Clones along with a tremendous anatomical model in one third scale. I've pulled copies from these to use in armatures or as references. I highly recommend this practice.
I dig that armature.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM

Thanks. With most clays the support mechanism either assists the sculptor or it complicates and eventually screws up the end result.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

Great work! The finish on the base is outstanding.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.