Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Solarwind Countess Karnstien Figures

Howdo all!
Well Solarwind came through as usual delivery wise and here's the result of the modeling token spree so to speak.
Got two figures, well one figure and a bust but close enough.

The winged Karnstiein in 1/6th.

And the 1/4 scale bust of the afore named fanged beauty.

Opening page of the now obligatory WIP, bits out of the box quick review of sorts:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipkarn.html

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mvc-563s.jpg (48.8 KB, 24 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 09-25-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Solarwind Countess Karnstien Figures

looks like a nice mold!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 AM

OKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really nice

Yeah boy, Solarwind does some beautiful casting! I have the Countess reclining on a casket stashed back for when the mood hits me. Like yours it's damn near flawless. I really like the bust you got too.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah... I'm the Fat Guy

Voyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCmike View Post
I really like the bust you got too.
That's odd...

I really like the bust his model has...

I disagree.

I believe that a mans destiny is predetermined.

He just needs to be able to recognize the right path of the many he will face to be able to achieve that destiny
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM

OKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really niceOKCmike is just really nice

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-74656 View Post
That's odd...

Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Yes I must admit I prefer the bust that Ian's model has too!

I am also very much looking forward to seeing some more Raytheon (Ooops, am I allowed to use that copyrighted name here. ) magic with the build and paint.

Keep it coming Ian, muy bueno, another ship shape and Bristol fashion () tutorial awaits us

Cheers, JT
Old 05-29-2010, 02:57 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I thank ya all!
Quote:
Yeah boy, Solarwind does some beautiful casting! I have the Countess reclining on a casket stashed back for when the mood hits me. Like yours it's damn near flawless. I really like the bust you got too.
Well when the mood does finally hit ya, post pics!
Aye the bust is a beaut to be sure, been giving that the mucho think about treatment but figure first, bust later. Still not certain I can pull off what I have in mind but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-74656 View Post
That's odd...

Oh I had the clock running waiting for that one, glad to see you lot don't dissapoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg_451 View Post
Yes I must admit I prefer the bust that Ian's model has too!
Same here fella I assure you
Quote:
I am also very much looking forward to seeing some more Raytheon (Ooops, am I allowed to use that copyrighted name here. ) magic with the build and paint.
Evidently you are allowed to use that copyrighted name here
Quote:
Keep it coming Ian, muy bueno, another ship shape and Bristol fashion () tutorial awaits us

Cheers, JT
Well JT, if you insist and I can see that you do...

Page 2, part joint sorting out.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipkarn2.html

Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 05-31-2010, 03:19 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Well it's a bank holiday Monday, weather is dull, i'm messing about in the hellhole so same old same old
Been having a play about with the bust. Granted as a sculptor I am pretty much in the 'sucks out loud' category but what the hell.
Much sodding about still to do but it's a start.

Here be the bust and the unwanted resin removed.

And in with the super sculpy by a not so great sculptor

I know Solarwind do a 1/4 scale Karnstein but for some reason I took one look at it and though nope. Not that I could do any better (I can't) but this bust always appealed since I first clapped eyes on it.
So thinks I, why the hell not, let's be havin' a go here

Besides if I screw it up, I always got the most improtant part of the bust so no harm no foul...I hope.

And back to the baking...
Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 05-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Nice work Ian!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah... I'm the Fat Guy

Voyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of All

Looking fan-fuckin-tastic so far Ian...

Quote:
Been having a play about with the bust
... I had to laugh at this

I disagree.

He just needs to be able to recognize the right path of the many he will face to be able to achieve that destiny
Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank ya kindly fellas
Voyager, you ain't the only one mate. I did after I posted it so fair enough
A bit more fiddling about and bake routine...with a bit of primer to finish of course

I tried me best to continue that scalloped like design on the rest of the minimal clothing. You may notice that the side bits on the thigh are different. Made that way as the smaller one with have a dagger and sheath, the larger one will be for the sword scabbard.
Still having a think about the sword drawn bit.

Also the cape, not going to go full length methinks, i'll probably keep the front bit of the cape the length it is but extend the back to maybe just below the waist.
Thigh high boots being sculpted, arms next and so on.

Still lots more to do and that's for later.
Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Looks good, I think your thighs really compliment your bust! :
Old 05-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Yeah... I'm the Fat Guy

Quote:
Looks good, I think your thighs really compliment your bust! :

I disagree.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Ian, you are a brave man to sculpt a figure from scratch. Excellent start.
Just a minor, hopefully positive, critique. In the photos her lower half seems to be generally smaller than her upper half, i.e. a smaller scale. Looking at shoulder to hip and arm width to thigh width in particular.
I realise that young lasses come in all shapes and sizes, so if I'm way off base, just tell me to shut up!
Cheers and keep posting the updates, JT
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks fellas.

JT,
Brave I don't know about, mental, yeah that probably works better
I think it's just me wanting a figure more to my personal take rather than what is on offer and this appears to be the only way around it.

No 'shut up' from this locale fella so worry thee not. Critique is always accepted so nay prob there
You may well be right mate, appreciating the female figure is something I (and more than a few others here) am right up there on, sculpting it...not so much.

I'll plod on at some point and we'll see what I end up with.
May be usable, may require a bit of rework, may require scrapping and starting again.

Either way i'll get what I want in the end, or as near as dammit.
Go easy all!
Does that count?