Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Classifieds > Wanted

Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 PM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All
Default Wheels and tires. Okay who here's a car guy?

I need six matching wheel and tire sets in 1/24. If anybody here is into those DUB edition models and have six of da same sets (unlikely, I know) I will buy them. But it doesn't have to be DUB, but I do need them to scale 20" wheels and low profile tires. Thanks.

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior
Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Um,
Yeah- I guess for your 'Fast Fortress' project, huh?

While I do car models and have built a few like you described I don't have six sets laying around?

You looking for them to be chrome and "flashy"? Rason I ask is with one set- you could cast the copies? Would a painted aluminum rim look be okay?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:11 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

I've also seen custom sets of just the rims/tires at places like Hobby Lobby but that would "add up"?

Do you have Hobby Lobby in your area? Around here they're kept near glue and paints in the model section.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:02 AM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Um,
Yeah- I guess for your 'Fast Fortress' project, huh?

While I do car models and have built a few like you described I don't have six sets laying around?

You looking for them to be chrome and "flashy"? Rason I ask is with one set- you could cast the copies? Would a painted aluminum rim look be okay?
Sorry for the confusion. But am asking only for six wheels and six tires that fit those wheels.

Don, I would be most grateful if you could send a couple'a pictures. If I like'em I'll buy'em. I hadn't thought about casting copies. In this case only I would prefer six matching, if not available, I'll make do. No they don't have to be chrome but it is essential that they are low profile. I don't like the 'pimp my ride' look, I'm after the 'fast and furious' racing look. I plan to paint them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
I've also seen custom sets of just the rims/tires at places like Hobby Lobby but that would "add up"?

Do you have Hobby Lobby in your area? Around here they're kept near glue and paints in the model section.
Brother, I live in the middle of nowhere, we don't even have a grocery store. I have to drive an hour to get to something and unfortunatly the is no Hobby Lobby. Only a Micheal's and I'm learning to despise that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
You could check at your local Toys R us too. I haven't been in a TRU in a while, but they may still have them.
If Don or anyone else here doesn't have what I'm looking for, I will have to go that route. There was a guy selling a couple of full sets on e-bay but the fronts were smaller than the rear and that won't work for me. My only other option will be to buy two models (diecast) and use the wheels off of them.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by greenusmarine53; 06-20-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Les,
While you say you aren't looking for the 'Pimp' look that is basically the style of the DUB sets?
Listen, you did me (the Interceptor group build) a big favor- if you aren't in a real rush I'll cast you up six wheels/tires from my stash? I'll take pics and show you what I have available and let you choose first. Maybe I can get the pics posted in the next day or two and then with your choice, cast by next week?

Is that workable or do you need them sooner?

Don
Old 06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

if I knew what yer after...I have a number of scrapped cars, and a set of 8 from a military vehicle.
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 PM
What's in your Stable?

Here's a few pics of the type I would like to get my hands on. I'll take what I can get but if you notice, these are five spoke wheels and they are 'flat' across or curve slightly inward. I don't care how many spokes they have really but the more 'muscley' they look the better. But again low profile.

22.jpg 22 (2).jpg 22 (3).jpg

If I can avoid it, I'm not a big fan of wheels that have this sorta 'bubble' look, as in the spokes start deeper in the wheel and bulges outward in the center.

22 (5).jpg

Don, these, to me anyway are 'pimp' and I think they are hideous.

22 (1).jpg 22 (6).jpg

And just to make it that much more confusing, I wish to avoid the type below, at least for this model.

22 (7).jpg

Last edited by greenusmarine53; 06-20-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenusmarine53 View Post
Here's a few pics of the type I would like to get my hands on. I'll take what I can get but if you notice, these are five spoke wheels and they are 'flat' across or curve slightly inward. I don't care how many spokes they have really but the more 'muscley' they look the better. But again low profile.

Attachment 12885 Attachment 12886 Attachment 12887

If I can avoid it, I'm not a big fan of wheels that have this sorta 'bubble' look, as in the spokes start deeper in the wheel and bulges outward in the center.

Attachment 12888

Don, these, to me anyway are 'pimp' and I think they are hideous.

Attachment 12889 Attachment 12890

And just to make it that much more confusing, I wish to avoid the type below, at least for this model.

Attachment 12891

"Picky, picky, picky." I'm gonna get you some hub caps!

Okay- thanks for those pics to narrow down and identify what you like. I'll see what I have and post some pics! Be a lil patient if you can for me since it's a busy weekend on this end?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM
What's in your Stable?

There is absolutly no need to hurry. I need to do A LOT more before I'm ready for the wheels. Thanks Don, I really appreciate your efforts.