Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM

Wing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to behold
Default The Outrider over the Junkyard on Ord Mantell

Hello All!

Sorry for the lack of updates but I have had some camera troubles. Today I completed my 1:72 scale Outrider. Completed should be used loosely as I will probably try my hand at scratching out a 1:72 Dash & Leebo like Hackcore for this but for the time being, this is what I have.

I opted to not go for the panavise mount this time due to the weight and the awkward distribution. I decided to mount it on acrylic rods. As for the base theme, I considered a Mos Eisley theme, but decided I would save it for another subject.

Instead I went with Ord Mantell which was a level in the game. I didn't want to go super detailed with it so that it wouldn't detract from the model itself. I had fun beating the crap out of 2 old fine molds kits and a few other greeblies to make it junkyard-like. I shot it with a coat of dark gray, some rusty brown and drybrushed. I applied elmers to the area where the rocks were and used railroad rocks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1401.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	43571  
Old 08-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: The Outrider over the Junkyard on Ord Mantell

VERY NICE ROBIN!!! :notwo rthy:

Please email me the high resolution photos of this beastie?! I LOVE IT!!

The base is a piece of art in itself!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox

Last edited by Kuhn Global; 08-28-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:20 AM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

10 out of 10!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Very very nice job Robin! And what a nice idea to show her above the Junkyard on Ord Mantell!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 PM

Hangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of lightHangarbay94 is a glorious beacon of light

It's funny, as I was looking through the images I was saying to myself "what an amazing beast!" then I see what Kurt had written on his post referring to your model as a "beast" as well.

That really is 'one hell' of a beast! I love, love, love it! the dio is perfect as well, especially the x-wing as it shows the scale of the Outrider.

An amazing model..complete perfection!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

That, there, is simply perfect. Well done.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Magnificent
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

very nice, I like what you have done with the panel lines!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Lovely job,
the more I see of this design the more I like it and you have done a great job on the construction and paintwork. The base is the icing on the cake. Great work!

Clactonite
Old 08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of

Very cool! Great looking display all around. Well done!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Wing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to beholdWing_n_it is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys! I just ordered my Mouldy Crow, FM Falcon, and I'm on the list for the 1:350 Blockade Runner...My 4 favorites!!

This has been my most wanted model since I started this hobby a year-and a-half ago. I was doing backflips the whole time I was building this thing. By far- my most exciting build yet! Stephan Hacker was a great help trading ideas with me. BTW- His build of this beast? I'M NOT WORTHY!!

Kurt- I will try to get some higher-res pics this weekend for ya! I'm working my tail off lately!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

I had to come back!!! Man I really like this! Its stunning and brings back a ton of memories when I played the game on my Nintendo 64.. Thanks for doing such a great job with it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 PM

NAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant futureNAZGŪL has a brilliant future

Oh... that is one cool ship, and the base is perfect! The rods look fine for this display!