Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All
Default 4 nice V TV Guide ads.

I love these old TV Guide ads. Found these on the web.

These are from V The final Battle. They remind me of comic book covers.

I have been trying to find the TV Guide ads for Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers with no luck. If any of you know where I could find them please let me know.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide42.jpg (286.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg guide43.jpg (1.11 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg guide44.jpg (830.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg guide45.jpg (279.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 4 nice V TV Guide ads.

I remember those!
Hell, I haven't seen anything V since 1985.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:17 PM

OTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdtree View Post
I love these old TV Guide ads. Found these on the web.

These are from V The final Battle. They remind me of comic book covers.

I have been trying to find the TV Guide ads for Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers with no luck. If any of you know where I could find them please let me know.

Mark
Here's a few Mark, the quality's not the best unfortunately.
I have a few more I'll try and scan for you this weekend.

Enjoy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gal tv.jpg (568.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg gal tv2.jpg (421.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg gal tv3a.jpg (414.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg gal tv3b.jpg (407.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

Wow, Qtist. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to to seeing the rest.

Thank again.

Mark
Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 PM

OTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdtree View Post
Wow, Qtist. Thank you very much.

Looking forward to to seeing the rest.

Thank again.

Mark
Here are the rest of the BSG ones I have to be followed by Gal80 and Buck Rogers...Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gal tv5.jpg (275.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg gal tv6.jpg (269.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Galactica 1980
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gal80 tv1.jpg (480.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg gal80 tv2.jpg (645.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-11-2009, 02:29 PM

Buck Rogers (get the tag line on the first one, was Universal delusional or what????????????)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg br tv1.jpg (209.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg br tv2.jpg (148.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg br tv3.jpg (213.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg br tv4.jpg (136.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg br tv5.jpg (207.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg br tv6.jpg (149.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg br tv7.jpg (202.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg br tv8.jpg (134.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 PM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

Replace "Movie" with "Babes" and it would have been factually correct and probably more popular.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

The TV Guide ad for War of the Gods showcases Frank Frazetta's fourth painting promoting the show, it's little-seen, but is in one of his art books.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Count Baltar

Thank you OTIST. Those are great.

Thanks again.

Mark
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
The TV Guide ad for War of the Gods showcases Frank Frazetta's fourth painting promoting the show, it's little-seen, but is in one of his art books.

I was just going to reply that those paintings looked just like Frazetta's work.

I like the Frazetta version of the raider. Even meaner looking (with fangs !!! ).

-Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frazetta raiders.JPG (70.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

The Galactica 1980 ads actually hurt my eyes. Please, just stop!