Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Cool. I admire both your speed and talent.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Outstanding Bill!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet lines.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Slap a bikini on it and I'm set!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Slap a bikini on it and I'm set!
Okay then!

The shroud master continues to develop as I carve oval rings into it. This proved easier than attempting to scratch them out of styrene.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
[...]
The shroud master continues to develop as I carve oval rings into it. This proved easier than attempting to scratch them out of styrene.

How do you make the neat oval carvings? Lathe?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
How do you make the neat oval carvings? Lathe?
An ellipse template, placed on a block of the urethane, was used to trace the oval outer shape. I then placed it in a miter box and trimmed as close as I could get to an oval cylinder. A hobby rasp filed the outer shape smooth. For the inner rings, the same ellipse template provided a guide to trace with a fine needle file. After getting the groove started it guided itself as I continued to scribe deeper into the block. This was repeated on the other inner ovals as well. The sides were beveled too.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
An ellipse template, placed on a block of the urethane, was used to trace the oval outer shape. I then placed it in a miter box and trimmed as close as I could get to an oval cylinder. A hobby rasp filed the outer shape smooth. For the inner rings, the same ellipse template provided a guide to trace with a fine needle file. After getting the groove started it guided itself as I continued to scribe deeper into the block. This was repeated on the other inner ovals as well. The sides were beveled too.
*tips hat* Thanks kindly for the education.

What was the verdict on the "Coast Guard" stripes on the sides of this boat?
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=AdmiralBuck;285132]Okay then!

Wow. Thanks! the Admiral does provide!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-26-2015, 09:34 PM
All ahead full

Here's a quickie Sentinel Program Development Team logo just issued from the Design Bureau. Stickers and patches are now showing up on uniforms and spacesuits all over the Yard:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Striking.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
*tips hat* Thanks kindly for the education.

What was the verdict on the "Coast Guard" stripes on the sides of this boat?
You're very welcome. I'll try to take more pics of the progress rather than simply finished shots of each part, if that is an interest.

The jury is still out on the "Stripe" decision but we've got lots of time before that option needs addressing. I like the idea but I think once we get into the painting stage I should be able to comp some photoshop mockups to see what it will look like on the model itself. My guess is it may look better as a subtle shade of the hull color. I can't wait till we get there!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:37 PM
All ahead full

While Sentinel is a late TOS-era starship, I have to remind myself to infuse some design detail elements towards a TMP look. I don't want the hull to be completely devoid of interest but at the same time, she needs to look 1960's. With all that in mind and armed with a collection of reference pics, one of these detail areas ripe for cosmetic surgery is the "Space Energy Field Attraction Sensors" or SEFAS.

These grills sit on either side of the navigation deflector mount. Originally, the plans I drew included standard flat TOS style panels. Just for fun, I began sketching some optional ideas on what I could do with this. One of them involves a slightly recessed channel with raised grills combined with a TMP-style rounded sensor embedded in the rear of the inset.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Imperial

Nice concept. You can't go wrong with adding tmp era flair to certain areas.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Humble Aspirant

I'm partial to TOS, or as close-to as possible. Maybe halfway between the Sentinel line-art and the new pencil sketch.

Also: in the reference pics, what is #5? (It looks kinda like the old Gabe Koerner reimagining from a few years back...)