Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 10-04-2009, 09:36 PM

d_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really nice
Default 1:6th Dalek.. a (likely slow) work in progress

I have been frustrated with the lack of Doctor Who stuff on American shores.. even moreso with the lack of 1:6th Who stuff over here.
One of the Biggest complaints I have heard about the RC daleks is their size.. they are 12" tall, not truly 1:6th.
For some time now, I have been a member on a Dalek builders site but have not the room to make it happen in full 1:1 scale.

I do however have room for one or two in 1:6th.
Here in a couple of weeks, I'm going to cash in some stocks and buy a character options RC one but I still want one thats truly 1:6th.
I started off by converting the metric measurements on the PDFs I got from the dalek builders site to standard and then re-scaling them to 1:6th

Then, I took some cardboard boxes (cereal, tv dinners) and drew out the panels that will make up the "skirt" section. I glued this to a base and shot it with a paint that sort of evens out the surface in a single spray.. it's an ugly green rustoleum but it covers imperfections like it's nobody's business.
I marked the spots for the hemispheres (which I need to mould and cast up) and stuck thumbtacks in for the time being.
Tomorrow, I'll fill it with expanding foam to add some stability. Then I'll start on the shoulders and work up toward the head.

I know it needs a lot of fillinf and sanding.. heck it will need more but it will be worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1060973.JPG (84.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1:6th Dalek.. a (likely slow) work in progress

Cool. You doing this for your own benefit or making some kits? Either way, looking forward to your WIP!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:40 AM

d_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really niced_jedi1 is just really nice
Default Re: 1:6th Dalek.. a (likely slow) work in progress

lol At the moment, entirely for my own benefit.
If I had the skills to make it out of something better (you know.. sheet styrene or something instead of cardboard) it could probably be cast up.
Actually, I need to figure out how best to cast things soon anyway so I can make it's hemispheres. I have a (more or less) spherical object (ie: has a threaded hole on one side) of the correct dimensions that I'm planning to use for the plunger arm but I'll need to make another for the exterminator arm and need to cast halves for the hemispheres.