Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Scout Trooper Makes " GOLD "

I took some of my Rejected Castings and Played Dr. Frankenstein and using some Copper Wire...

I tried to MIMIC the Gentle Giant Scout Stance... but since it's way out of my price range.... I rather Tweak my Styrene and Resin parts and get near this Gorgeous Stance they came up with !!!

I have my work cut out for me.. since I just lined up the cut up pars to see if the Stance could work... I decided to Sculpt New Legs. Left arm and Hand ! New Boot Soles since you will see the Full boot sole on the right boot.. and changing the Left Foot to match the new Stance... adding some new Leather wrinkles... and I made my Knee pads Hollow so I can angle them out as I wish ! and add a few Straps...

I Still don't know, if I will have him Hold his Boot Blaster Using my Shooting Hand or maybe have him Casually balance on his leg a New Sniper Rifle !!! time will tell !

I also corrected the Torso Armor plates, front and back... but still have to build up the Neck and correct the outline of both shoulder straps .. More on that later...

I should be making New Casting soon and refine the part to enable me to attach the New Waist (Hips) which I am also changing to HOST a long "Barrel Nut" to enable me to Screw in the Bike from underneath to simulate HOVER !!! Just like the GG Scout ! at a fraction of the Price !!! Yeah ! I'm thrifty !! but I like the challenge ! I learn a lot from each experiences....

Catch you all on the Flip side !!!

the remainders are the new mods done to the Chest armor... which is still under construction.. MTF

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...127_resize.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...133_resize.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...148_resize.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...141_resize.jpg

PS :.. I took the Line Capt. Morgan Scout ! from Stupidasso as he was the first to say it !!! It had a good ring.... Sorry man... I failed you !!!

but I give you the credits....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05540_resize.jpg (103.2 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05430_resize.JPG (419.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05294_resize.JPG (424.5 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Schweinhund227; 05-11-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Who? Me?

swfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Capt Morgan Scout Trooper WIP

Man this is going to look awesome!!! Can't wait to see more.

Isel
Old 07-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Schweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant futureSchweinhund227 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfan View Post
Man this is going to look awesome!!! Can't wait to see more.

Isel

Isel !!! Thank you for the "Vote of Confidence" !!!

I started patching the Legs and Filling the Torso ! with Apoxie Putty ! and dug in the shoulder and Flanks... to prep the area for sculpting the Body Glove... folds and wrinkles..

I tried to find the just balance ! between a Pure copy or my own Twist on the Project.... The Gentle Giant Stance is so COOL !!! the Vignette looks so... Lived in !!! I have a hard time deciding...!!!

But I will keep you guys in the know... as I progress...

I will be making a new Left Hand tomorrow.... out of Guitar Strings and Apoxie Putty ! like I did for the Prowling Scout ! Now that I know how.. it's going to go pretty fast !

and I will take the same time to add the Butt Flap just underneath the Thermal Detonator pack which will help Hide the Barrel Nut which will be Set in place in his Left Butt Cheek ! for easy dis-assembly ! (break Down) for transport !

I am very surprise on How fast this small project is developing....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-19-2008 10-43-55 PM_0022.jpg (77.6 KB, 117 views)
Old 07-20-2008, 11:59 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

That is awesome
Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Awesome!!! That's what I'd like to do with mine...

~Pete~
Old 07-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Talking Re: Capt Morgan Scout Trooper WIP

Had time to work a little on the Relaxed Scout !!!

I was able to Find a Threaded Wood Insert Nut that was suitable for this Project... I Drilled a Large Pilot Hole in his "Left Butt Cheek" and Sunk the Nut in Appoxie Putty; I made sure to cover the Seat with Vaseline to prevent the Putty to stick everywhere... and This gave me a good Seat impression in the Scout's Gluts.

I only had to drill a small hole in the seat; Then I Drilled out the Piece under the bike which serves at Stand for those that use the Clear stand that comes with the bike ! that enable me to access the Screw Hole !!! I will use a small piece of Styrene, once I am done to plug the hole... something I can remove easily in case I need to dis-assemble the Model for transport ! So While the bike was still supported by the Mechanical Stand ! I screwed in place the scout and let the Appoxie putty Dry !

As soon as it was dried ! I Immediately moved the figure to it's new support Hole; The Rod inside the Scout's Left Leg is now Supporting the entire Vignette. and it's pretty cool !!! to see it come alive !

So far I like Where this is going !!!!

I only have a few Pictures of it.... in Hover Mode... the Legs and Gluts still need to be Refined and all the nice wrinkles and Pleats added WiP pictures always shows the good and bad about a project !

Right now; I am Sanding down all excess putty to a smooth finish; So I can start on a clean slate !

I also added some Appoxie Putty to the stomach area and Kept it Back by 2 or 3 mm in order to have yet another clean base to add the Cummerbund pleats... and give him a firm six Pack !!!

Here are some pix !

and Pardon the Messy bench !!! and my Bad english !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05112_resize.JPG (226.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05113_resize.jpg (105.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05114_resize.jpg (122.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05115.JPG (514.0 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by Schweinhund227; 07-27-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Monsieur Tox

Very nice job Norm ! I love the pose, I first thought it was the GG scout trooper when I saw the thumbnail pic !

Keep up the good work !

Last edited by Monsieur Tox; 07-28-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice!!! You sure love Scouts.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-dog View Post
Really nice!!! You sure love Scouts.
Actually I don't Luv Scouts....

Right now it's my Intro to Sculpting.. or Modeling the Human Form..

and there is no Face !!! and the Paint Scheme is Easy.. Black and White...

Maybe I like the Bikes more..??? but I don't go Nuts on them Either...

I have a 1/4th or 1/6th Idea in Mind........ but I need practice first... then I'll make the big Jump !!! Full sculpt ! no cutting parts !!!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Awesome!!!

~Pete~
Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

It's LEFT HAND TIME !!!

After making a small armature... out of Guitar strings... Cuz ! Thatís what I had on hand ! I am sure any other types of wire would do !!!!

I used a small Brass tube more or less 5mm in length.. and loaded it with 5 guitar strings more or less the same length as I didn't know yet which would become what finger... till the glue had Set !

I then kneaded some Appoxie Putty and made some small rolls which I impaled on my strings... and roughly sculpted into a somewhat believable finger shape....

I am satisfied with the first results... but it still need to fully cure before I can carve or tweak the fingers... the Guitar strings are there to act as support ! Putty alone could be very brittle... if Knocked against something.

Vaseline sure help Keeping the Appoxie to stick to everthing ....

It's Not Rocket science !!! I am Happy that my New Twist on the G.G. figure is getting somewhere.... Next I need to learn to add Pleats on Leather boots.. I am trying to go all out on this one... it's a good learning tool !!!

Take care All....
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Seriously imaginative and different slant on the subject.
Therefore cool in the extreme!

Outstading work sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 AM

lookin good!!

~Pete~
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Scout Trooper luver....

Just been slowly tweaking the Tights and filling the Flanks with some AveS putty ! making sure Vaseline is my Friend ! .... to prevent the Arms from Sticking to the Torso ! as I might do a few Castings.... Since I have modified the Chest Armor from my last project and would like to use This New one in my Next Project !

While the AveS was drying; I continued with the AMT Bike (Forks) which will be made into a sub-assembly... I'll use Mini magnets to Hold it in place; so I can easily remove it for transport !

Taking shape..... ever so slowly... but I ain't in a Hurry ! should be ready by October 26th.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05161_resize.JPG (209.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05166_resize.JPG (203.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05248_resize.JPG (458.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05168_resize.JPG (356.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05177_resize.JPG (217.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 AM

Very cool, if you cast it I'll buy one!

~Pete~