Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flying Pose Iron Man

Hey Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pix of my reposed Iron Man kit.
It is amazingly easy to take the static pose and really do something unique with it

enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flight3.jpg (27.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg flight1.jpg (46.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg flight2.jpg (62.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 06-28-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't want to grow up

grumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to allgrumble garage is a name known to all
Default Re: Flying Pose Iron Man

That's cool! Better than just standing there. I love the lights, it always brings a kit to life. I look forward to seeing the finished display.
Dan
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

and the oscar goes to...

got the first coat of gold on this evening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goldenrod.jpg (54.7 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztek Dummy View Post
and the oscar goes to...

got the first coat of gold on this evening
Are you going to take us step by step thru paint? I'd love to see how you achieve the candy colors/hues.
I've only ever done it very 'old school' with the original lacquer offerings. I'll go ahead and bet that you won't be so I'll follow that with interest.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

DD,

Happy to. the short story is: primer, gold under paint, apply paint templates, overcoat with candy red, remove templates, detail paint.

I'm using rattle cans of automotive paints available at your local advance auto parts store.

I'll be happy to post in progress pics along the way
Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very cool, and like the duck I'm very interested in your painting process!!

~Pete~
Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Very cool, and like the duck I'm very interested in your painting process!!
Even moreso now that he says rattle cans? This will be interesting and I expect nothing but the best (as usual from him) of course.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Well that part, no but the rest should prove very helpfull!

~Pete~
Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

here are the two paints I'm using. they are from the Dupli-color line of auto paints
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint1.jpg (37.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg paint2.jpg (32.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

OK, Lots of work done tonight.

the first two pictures show the templates in place.

and then the fun begins with a couple of light coats of the candy red.

I'll let it dry a good long time before removing the masks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg templates1.jpg (44.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg templates2.jpg (53.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg redman3.jpg (47.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg redman4.jpg (31.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

^^^
You just gotta love a 'real candy' color.

I remember growing up when they still sold gold/silver 'basecoat' and then blue/green/gold and red candy enamels in hobby rattlecans. Of course I also remember when the lil bottle of Testors' enamel was 19cents and a rattlecan appx 79 cents? YES, I'm that fucking OLD.

But it's looking cool so far- keep the pics coming!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:16 PM

Man this almost makes me wanna buy one, but I'm not that good with figures.

~Pete~
Old 07-03-2009, 03:24 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Very cool. The side mount is really going to sell the flying pose.

Looking forward to more....
Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Like that pose, like it A LOT!
It's not uber symmetrical in arm and leg posing either which is one little touch that sells it for me, just has a slightly more natural feel...if natural feel is something that can be applied to this kinda subject but what the hell

Nicely done thusfar Lou!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Almost there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg donish1.jpg (32.4 KB, 56 views)