Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All
Default Re: my historic model collection

Wow those are great Battlestar.

Mark
Old 01-16-2009, 11:17 AM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

You have totally nailed the colour and look of that Blackbird. Did you use a colour straight out of a bottle or make your own?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

That Blackbird is sweet.
Makes me wanna grab mine down off the wall and weather it up a lil.
Infact thats what i'm gonna do.
Don't know how ta dry brush like that but i might be able ta get something similar with some pastels perhaps?

Again,excellent stuff there on that!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Volker "Mr.Liftoff"

BATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really nice
Default SR-71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKW View Post
You have totally nailed the colour and look of that Blackbird. Did you use a colour straight out of a bottle or make your own?
Yes, I only have used unmixed color (Humbrol matt black and matt dark gray).
I've this model twice and for the second one I've planed an full airbrush finish and it should become the late NASA-version. I really love this bird and it's hard to believe, that this plane become alive in the 60's! It still look like a scifi-dream comes to reality - very unique in my opinion. Have everybody heared the engine start of this black beauty? I've this on a special audio cd. This is absolutely amazing to hear the spool up of the V8 engine roar to give the turbines the rotation to come alive! Very impressive!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:02 AM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've learnt from studying umpteen photos & videos of the SR-71 during its time in service is that it was a very worn and dirty looking aircraft. The flat (very dark blue) paint used ended up so thin in places (caused by heat and errosion) that the Titanium structure started showing through giving it a bit of a metalic sheen. But the distribution of paint wear was so uneven that it looks quite scruffy. Also because the plane constantly leaked jet fuel before getting up to temperature everything behind the cockpit is covered in evaporated jet fuel stains along with fresh wet patches. The desert bases they operated from didn't help either, I've seen lots of photos where you can see them covered in dust.

So for mine I'm planing on spraying the kit with Titanium looking paint first so I can simulate the paint wear with the basecoat. I'll use a very diluted grey colored wash to simulate the evaporated jet fuel and brush on either satin clear or gloss clear to simulate the wet fuel patches. Finally a light dusting of pastel will be used to simulate any sand or other crap that was floating about. Well at least that's the current plan of attack

I've seen this takeoff video many times.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hZIGKwhQ8dw

Last edited by RKW; 01-17-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:00 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Welcome Volker!

Bit of an X15 afficianado here---if you wanna have a good time, pick up Special Hobbie's new 1/32 scale X15-A2 with drop tanks and ground dolly. Tons of detail with photo-etch and resin. A lot needs to be corrected to make it right, but it's do-able.

I'm about halfway done with it and hope to post build pics soon.

By the way--- I was lucky enough to get to spend 2 hours alone with the real X15-A2 at the U.S. Air Force Museum this fall. What a beautiful bird she is!

Great collection you got there!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:10 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Nice collection.

I also have the shuttle and launch tower. Mine don't look quite that good though.

Now I have to dig it out of storage and redo it. hehe
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Funny, but when I first saw this topic posted: "my historic model collection", I thought... WTF ??? What makes his any more historic than anybody elses's ?!!! Then I looked more closely and realized BATTLESTAR wasn't really bragging so much as describing his subjects as being HISTORIC. This is a fine collection of vehicles. Thanks for the post !

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 04-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Volker "Mr.Liftoff"

BATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really niceBATTLESTAR is just really nice
Post Re: my historic model collection

Hi folks,

I've finished a few more models for these collection and hope you'll like the pictures.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
. . . by the way: which model-size has the X15A2 in 1/32 scale? Let me guess, it's a big one !

Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KEDW test plane family.JPG (468.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg X-24A&B 1.JPG (526.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg X-24A&B + Stiletto.JPG (421.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Skyrocket.JPG (301.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

The X15-A-2 in 1/32 is a Special Hobby release. I'm almost done with it---I'll be posting build pics after Wonderfest in mid-May.

I was trying to find a deck tractor, like the one you have hooked up to your X-3 but sadly I couldn't find one.

Nice build ups by the way!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Volker "Mr.Liftoff"

Hi Neb,

thanks for your reply! I can't wait to see your pictures, because I really love this incredible rocket powered testplane.
See you soon buddy.

Cheers
Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM

DLMatthys has disabled reputation

Battlestar...Nice collection!
I wish Revell would cast and kit that Shuttle launch gantry one more time.
I think you guys in Deutschland still got the molds over there.
don@dlmparts.com
Make it Glow!