Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All
Default Gi Joe Mercury LES Commission

Well, Gotta love how priorities can change overnight seemingly...

My Star Destroyer I'm afraid is going to have to take a back seat for the moment, as I've got a commission from a friend to build the Launch Escape System for his GI Joe Mercury Capsule.

http://www.customreplicas.com/store....em_kit&s=AMLES

This is the same company that produced the Rocketdyne F-1 engine I built for the same customer earlier this year. They've also got some sci-fi stuff in the works here:

http://www.customreplicas.com/

Since this is a paying job, right now this obviously has to take priority over my own builds. I've come up with a novel way to display it also, by scratchbuilding the adapter and upper portion of the Atlas rocket for the model to sit on. More on that later, so watch this space!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMLES.jpg (36.8 KB, 230 views)
Old 04-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

cool, definetly different. take lots of pics. and keep us updated.

al
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up This will be KEWL!

Excellent Carlos! It's great to see some of Jim Key's kits being built! I can't wait to see more on the progress!

I LOVE REAL REAL SPACE PROGRAM STUFF!!!

I went ahead and added the thumbnail of the example from Jim's site for you since he is a member here.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

A little trivia.... did you know the Apollo CSM's LES rocket had more thrust than the ENTIRE Mercury/Redstone stack? Cool, huh?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Thanks guys and thanks Kurt!

Yeah, Jim's stuff is great! The F-1 engine I built was a unique beauty to behold.

I'm going to be building this from the start of the Atlas booster transition upward.

See attached sketch and option on the far left.

BTW whenever he does finally kit that 1/12 Gemini, I'm going to literally goo myself. I simply must have one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display Options.jpg (55.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Example.jpg (61.8 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Scorpius; 04-20-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Ahead of the curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
A little trivia.... did you know the Apollo CSM's LES rocket had more thrust than the ENTIRE Mercury/Redstone stack? Cool, huh?

I didn't know that but I can see how it makes sense. Much heavier capsule with Apollo, and the extra thrust was necessary to pull it away from the rest of the vehicle in an emergency. Quite amazing.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Ahead of the curve

I got the kit 2 days ago, I'll post some pics later, it's quite impressive.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
BTW whenever he does finally kit that 1/12 Gemini, I'm going to literally goo myself.
Just dont post any pics of that build.

al
Old 04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Ahead of the curve

The madness has begun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0693.jpg (159.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0694.jpg (256.0 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0695.jpg (241.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0696.jpg (264.1 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Cool. just dont let the wife see that stuff on the counter. ive gotten in trouble for that. you ll never hear the end of it.

Al
Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Ahead of the curve

Last edited by Scorpius; 04-29-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Hey Scorp....love the pix, but I'd need a 24" Widescreen monitor to see 'em properly. Do you think you could reduce the dimensions down to a thousand-by at least? Thx!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Ahead of the curve

Try that shit now.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Goldmember

[Wedge]" HooAH! That's got it! [/Wedge]
Old 04-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Cool looks great, keep em coming.

al