Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > CGI and Graphics

CGI and Graphics CG models, Photoshop, and Composites

Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of
Default Star Trek Style Dedication Plaques

Hello All,

I have started to do Star Trek Style dedication plaques for Starships and Starbases. This is my first attempt at doing something like this and I would appreciate any comments or critiques.

If you like what you see and would like a dedication plaque for you fine Star Trek models, please let me know.

Last edited by Viper Aviator; 09-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of
Default Re: Star Trek Style Dedication Plaques

I worked on the design a little bit. I added more texturing to give it more of an aged bronze feel and added a frame.

Here is a TOS version. I know it's not canon for TOS, but I thought it looked better then just having a plaque saying USS Enterprise Starship Class San Francisco Calif. with no insignia.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 PM

meterman30214 is on a distinguished road

Hello. What is the size of the plaque? Thank you.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterman30214 View Post
Hello. What is the size of the plaque? Thank you.
Do you mean pixels or inches (width x height)?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Here are a couple of new ones for you fine people, the first is for the Mirror Universe ISS Enterprise, NCC-1701 and the second is the non-canon plaque for the Starship Enterprise NX-01. USS Excelsior, NCC-2000 and USS Reliant, NCC-1864 coming soon!

Last edited by Viper Aviator; 09-22-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 AM

clancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura about

Can't wait to see the Uss Reliant version!
These are very nice indeed!

Rich
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Hey viper! Long time no post! Are these printed on paper? They look great.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 PM

Hi 777, yes they are printed on paper. I thought that you guys might like to use them as bases for you projects
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM

LuckyNo.5 will become famous soon enoughLuckyNo.5 will become famous soon enoughLuckyNo.5 will become famous soon enough

Hey Viper... I like where you're going with these but I have some professional critiques.

I'm a design director /illustrator myself: http://luckynumber5.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-gamble/17/227/626

Overall they are very good. But your drop shadow is way too big and way too diffused. On a real plaque shadows would not work in that way. In fact I'd ditch them all together.

The orange stroke on the letters is way too thick, I'd cut it in half and make it a pale yellow. That would be the edge of the etched letter and if you think about it ..it wouldn't be orange, it would be a brighter shade of the brass color.

Also, I would tilt all your gradients to a -45˚ angle. This will add a more natural looking gradient for a 3-D effect.

The big trick with creating illustrations like this is to not overdo everything. Tone back the shadows, soften the edges, don't use unnecessary effects. You will find that it quickly refines the image and makes it look more realistic and professional.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 AM

eagledocf15 New face in the crowd

How do we order these?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM

@ eagledocf15 You don't have to order them, just download them and use them as you wish to
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 AM

clancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura aboutclancampbell has a spectacular aura about

Any news on a Reliant plaque, pleeezzeeeee????

Rich