Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 05-31-2014, 12:41 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All
Default Re: 1/25 Peterbilt "can do" wrecker

Hi coolwill. Welcome to RI

Thank you. It has been a fun and at times a challenging kit as it does have some issues.
I do hope to get back to it at some point in the near future. It has been sitting on the shelf taunting me

Some advice if I may.....TEST FIT EVERYTHING....lol

I actually just found out a few months ago that this has been reissued...sort of...
It appears to be the same kit but now blue and without the "Can Do" markings. I am kicking around picking one up to see if things have been "fixed" or not.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:52 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

I built this kit!

I’m not a wheeled vehicle kind of guy at all, but I’ve wanted to put a truck together ever since I was a pre-teen. Ironically, this model was my first win at Nationals level with IPMS. The decals were a royal pain! The adhesive had ambered and the subject, as you can see is gloss white. I had to strip all adhesive completely, then apply the decals with an Elmer’s Glu-All water solution with a dab of dish soap.

The stripe detail down the sides didn’t match any of the amber light positions, so they had to be chopped to pieces, then reassembled on the model in a new order.

I built mine in the mid-90’s and the White finish and decals are still pristine! A guy wanted to buy it from me, then changed his mind when he found out it was a plastic kit... he thought it was die cast!

If you would like to see it, I can post pics of it after my current trip.

Tracy

Last edited by Vidar710; 12-28-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:17 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Well, since all his images are gone, here's my Can Do Wrecker out of the box..

This is a model I built over 20 years ago! Just starting to notice the plastic chase is starting to sag with all the weight on it from the cab and the crane. I may pop things off and add some stele rod inside the chase to get the bow out of it.

Tracy

Last edited by Vidar710; 12-31-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:50 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Hi Vidar710
Thanks. It has been a while since I had a chance to actually work on mine. It still isn't technically done yet lol

Thanks for the pics of yours. It looks very nice.
I noticed the frame sag on mine as well. I was also thinking about some kind of metal reinforcement.

My pics being gone is a pretty big bummer. You can thank Phobucket and their account changes for that. I had considered trying to repost them from a different host but it has been so long I can't actually remember which ones I had posted originally.

Hopefully I will actually be able to get mine finished at some point. I don't really have that much left on it, mostly just the detail bits, but the fitment issues were driving me nuts lol.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:51 PM

When it comes to phot bucket,, I upgraded my storage and removed the advertisements... nothing more, and I have had no issues with loosing my images in different forums.

I may upgrade even more with them for better speed. I figured that I hand out more dollar bills per year to hotel van drivers than Photo Bucket charges annually.

Tracy