Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Resin Illuminati > Board Rules and Guidelines

Board Rules and Guidelines Look here for all things related to posting and the rules thereof

Old 10-22-2010, 05:15 PM

jtull01 New face in the crowd
Default Building advice

To which part of the forum can I post questions about how members build their models. IE, which paints, primers, glues, they use. What weathering techniques they employ. Is there a place to discuss Sci-Fi and Monster figures on this Board?
Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Building advice

Hi Jeff! Welcome to Resin Illuminati!!!

We've got what you're asking for... In the Tutorials section (http://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104), there are three subsections, each of which can help. There's a Video Tutorial area, a Written Tutorial area, and a Member Services/Techniques area.

We have a Works-In-Progress (WIP) section and a Completed Models section, and in each there are Figures, Anime, and Science Fiction subsections. It depends on your particular models, but Monster models would most likely fit in the Figures area.

Have fun and dig in!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:24 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Hi Jeff! Welcome to Resin Illuminati!!!

We've got what you're asking for... In the Tutorials section (http://www.resinilluminati.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104), there are three subsections, each of which can help. There's a Video Tutorial area, a Written Tutorial area, and a Member Services/Techniques area.

We have a Works-In-Progress (WIP) section and a Completed Models section, and in each there are Figures, Anime, and Science Fiction subsections. It depends on your particular models, but Monster models would most likely fit in the Figures area.

Have fun and dig in!!!

Rosie O'Donnel can be found in the combined, 'Monster/Figure' category.

BTW :
Welcome Jeff- you can also ask questions directly during an active WIP thread of the builder and hope for an answer. Most everyone is only too glad to share what they've done/used- short of their 'trade secrets' or something soooo lengthy that a basic tutorial would be a better place to start.

Just don't ask me- I don't know what I'm doing and if I ever did- I have forgotten by now.

But welcome!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Experimenter

USS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Rosie O'Donnel can be found in the combined, 'Monster/Figure' category.
One of your under-the-table builds I suppose?

Quote:
Just don't ask me- I don't know what I'm doing and if I ever did- I have forgotten by now.

But welcome!
Don't listen to the quack - he's done one the best jobs on a TOS-Romulan Bird-of-Prey I've ever seen

And yes, we have experts from all walks - so take a seat, hold on to your hat, and enjoy the ride

My Blog

RI - Where threads go to get fucked
Old 10-22-2010, 07:35 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Excuse me 'Atlantis'- but, no, I don't wanna Rosie even if it means she is under the table.

Oh, but thanks for the kind words.

We've had our share of some amazing 'figure painters' here too.
Anyone can start a new thread, link it to an older thread and simply ask how to accomplish what you've seen done.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 PM

jtull01 New face in the crowd

Thanks to everyone, I am sure going to be reading a lot here.
Later, jeff
Old 10-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Excuse me 'Atlantis'- but, no, I don't wanna Rosie even if it means she is under the table.

Rosie on all fours, could be the table. God what an awful visual. I'm going to wash out my minds eyes with MEK,
Old 10-23-2010, 06:21 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwayne64 View Post
Rosie on all fours, could be the table. God what an awful visual. I'm going to wash out my minds eyes with MEK,
I'm sorry to endorse your self inflicted pain but I agree that MEK just might be the only solution.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Experimenter

USS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of AllUSS Atlantis Overlord Master of All

Skip the MEK - go straight to Hydrofluoric Acid

My Blog

RI - Where threads go to get fucked
Old 10-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Atlantis View Post
Skip the MEK - go straight to Hydrofluoric Acid

Yea that is definitely a Rosie eraser, LOL .

Last edited by bwayne64; 10-25-2010 at 08:34 PM.