Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 09-08-2011, 08:08 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default trestle

scratching a timber trestle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2588.JPG (1.36 MB, 91 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Bringing good things to life

ShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trestle

Sweeeeeeeet! Is the inspiration for this from any real world bridge?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:03 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

a little...its one that doesnt exist anymore, but was built in the western Oregon woods around what is now the west Portland area.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 09-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Cool! I pick up a train magazine every now and then for a lookee and I love those trestle bridges. I suppose I like the kind of layout they're in too, with "high cliffs" and pine trees on the mountain sides, etc.
Great start.

BTW. When do you get time to eat and sleep....?? Your modelling output is prodigious to say the least!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg_451 View Post
Cool!

BTW. When do you get time to eat and sleep....?? Your modelling output is prodigious to say the least!
sleep? whats sleep...? I dont know this thing you mention. actually, there are times I put out more then this summer has, Ive been working on costume commisions, and around the house projects, starting to get back to the model bench, and I have some neat stuff to share soon. my job is costuming, and art.. models when I get a job for them...
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Since the last posting the trestle has changed hands and is now mine to complete and incorperate into my layout.

Here's a few pics of some of the progress so far.
Work done at time of posting.
  • center span slightly re-engineered to appear to be more structurally robust.
    lead bents have had all upright timbers installed.

Work still required to be done.
    All cross bracing material to be installed on bents and center span.
    Approuch abrupments to be constructed.
    Approuch spans to be constructed.

For the approuching spans I'm going to go with a mixture of differant spans from http://blackbearcc.com/
They include http://www.blackbearcc.com/abk_ho.shtml on what I'm currently reffering to the leading end, and a combination of Truss http://www.blackbearcc.com/tbk_ho.shtml and deck bridges http://www.blackbearcc.com/DBK_HO.shtml for the trailing end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04098.JPG (114.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04099.JPG (143.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04100.JPG (118.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04101.JPG (135.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by =Northern Wolf=; 12-11-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Now THAT'S impressive work!

What are you using to hold it all together?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 AM
the many faces one

keep going!
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Canuck with the truck.

=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light=Northern Wolf= is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
Now THAT'S impressive work!

What are you using to hold it all together?
Some of it is friction fit into place, other parts are glued into place with wood glue or with Testors clear parts glue since my wood glue went kinda 'funny' on me.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Canuck with the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
keep going!
I have been working on it more. Just haven't taken any new pics of it.