Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default HO structures

Im in the process of rebuilding a large layout we dismantled, for several reasons. the new layout will go into its own dedicated 20x30 foot building, its dimensions will be 20x20, on a 2 foot wide benchwork. the structures I am showing here, are 1/10th of a 10 foot module that goes inside the 20 foot outer main layout, its one of two. this one, depicts no specific place, save a typical small fishing town on the north west coast...this 10th Im working on is a boatbuilder. I already tossed many of the WIP pics after posting on another site, Ill see what I can recapture from there. for now, heres two.

the large structure with the seaway door is a 65x32 foot boatbuilder, all scratchbuilt save windows. to the left is a small bar and a cathouse atop it. in front, a fishing dock, behind and left is an oyster fisher storage building base, and its peir, and further back, is a rowboat builder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2852.JPG (2.11 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2853.JPG (2.25 MB, 17 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HO structures

sorry, couldnt recover the build pics of the bar...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIP2.jpg (24.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg WIP3.jpg (22.7 KB, 6 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Man oh man I wish I had space for a layout. Nothing more relaxing than watching trains run and hearing their soft clickety-clack.

You're doing some great work there and I can't wait to see more!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Agreed----I even tried to scale down years ago to an "N" gauge set, but even then I didn't have room to set up something that was "worthy".

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Never been a model train fan meself, worked for the railways when it was still British Rail back in the late 80's so i've played with the biggest train set in the UK and that bored me stupid most of the time

Saying that though, always liked the scenic side of this kinda lark. That's the true aspect of this end of the hobby that I always get a kick out of looking at.
This is going to shape up to something special methinks.

Please continue sah!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM
the many faces one

more work done...gonna be a week delay after this tho, as Im spending the next week with my dad to work on both of our farms. dunno if anyone here heard, but my mom and my sister passed away in Jan and Feb. so, my dad is going ahead with the train building since theres no one to complain about its location, and I am slowly moving to my sisters farm, for more studio space and ect. I also get to move the gallery Im a member of in July. http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2854.JPG (2.34 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2855.JPG (2.47 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2856.JPG (2.05 MB, 6 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-30-2012, 06:26 PM
the many faces one

remember the 10 foot long module? this is one corner of it, from this point of veiw, the part I showed before, goes to the right of this, and on the other side of the benchwork. looking toward the painting in the background, that direction is where the main layout would be.
this is a generic factory complex, dunno what they make...parts mabey, for pulse lasar cannon to be mounted on Stuka...I dunno.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2870.JPG (2.62 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
the many faces one

piers done buildwise....dont fall in the water tho.

first pic, has the first section in the background about where it goes, gives an idea of what this modules gonna look like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2871.JPG (2.62 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2872.JPG (2.51 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2873.JPG (2.44 MB, 9 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 PM
the many faces one

lil more progress today, this pic is actually old already...as Ive progressed further yet.

added a few newer pics...

last pic is of the buildings after weathering, and painting the roofs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2874.JPG (2.83 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2875.JPG (2.86 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2876.JPG (2.80 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2877.JPG (2.80 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2878.JPG (3.22 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2879.JPG (3.15 MB, 7 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 05-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
the many faces one

its a module now, got the benchwork under it, and starting to add the first piece I was building into it. got the piece of coastline done, adding debris and water layer by layer, still need a driftwood pile on the beach. next update will be as a module.

its whole...

a detail shot of one corner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2880.JPG (2.83 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2881.JPG (2.77 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2882.JPG (2.79 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2883.JPG (2.73 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2884.JPG (2.61 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2885.JPG (2.90 MB, 12 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 05-08-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
the many faces one

not the most interesting update, but all the foam is on now, weight-ing for glue to dry...mocking up some buildings. they will be along the street, and the tracks will be flush with the street. Im going off of period photos from a small coastal town here, and the train ran right thru town like this. even the turntable pit was in town, and still is. Im doing an interpretation of the clamshell railroad that ran from Illwako to oysterville.

started construction of the fishing wharf that goes on the next 4 foot section
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2886.JPG (2.69 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2887.JPG (2.34 MB, 3 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 05-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
the many faces one

a good start on module 3, and a detail from module 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2888.JPG (2.86 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2889.JPG (2.99 MB, 6 views)
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

You're giving me ideas.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 PM
the many faces one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
You're giving me ideas.
YAY
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
the many faces one

module number three: almost done with the wharf deck, posed to give ya all an idea as to how its going to look.the missing section of the approach is a truck ramp, to be installed last, the ship is there for an idea of what its gonna look like, it will be replaced with a scratchbuilt passenger steamer, there will be a ticket booth there. the building is scratchbuilt just for this peir, and will go on here, but not in that exact location, its the tackle seller, and boat rental for the float that will be off that side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2890.JPG (3.05 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2892.JPG (2.82 MB, 2 views)
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by Moorcat; 05-20-2012 at 10:16 PM.