Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 B-17F "Bad Penny"

"this ain't 1978 anymore!"

Lookin good! Don't pull those window masks----don't you dare!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Lookin good! Don't pull those window masks----don't you dare!
It's..... Like.... Having..... A..... Scab..... On........ My....... Nose... !!!!!

No pics - she's being decalled! WOOHOO!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:34 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 09-25-2012, 04:09 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

She's starting to look like an aero-plane now!

Decals are from the Zotz B-17F set.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM
My ass is itchy...

Fuckin ROCKS Dave! Looks gooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Thanks, George! I love this model.

It's a learning experience. I'm using new paints and new techniques (THANKS TO YOU!). There are mistakes aplenty, but all in all, I'm beyond happy with how things are turning out

I have a few more decals to go, then it's pinwash time, then dullcoating, and then pastels.

And maybe, just MAYBE, I'll take the time to get some GOOD pics of her for a change!

Two notes:

Zotz decals can take everything Solvaset can dish out to them, and then some.

The demarcation line between the OD and Gray on the nose - looks like Vega and Douglas-built 17's were in a different location than the Boeings. It's a little higher. Penny is a Douglas-built plane.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
My ass is itchy...

That's good to know about the Zotz decals-----I have the Zotz aftermarket set for my B25.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Today's update:

I DID NOT ENJOY MASKING THIS TURRET.

That is all.

It has a couple small flaws, but they'll be easy to deal with.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Wow! Nicely done. I can ssee where it would have been a royal PITA.

What did you use to mask it?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Thanks, Eric

I used Tamiya tape. Put some on some flat glass and cut thin strips - it was mostly trial and error, especially the odd triangley pieces.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
My ass is itchy...

That's the kind of stuff that makes me wanna take a nap when I finish it.

Looks good!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
It's gonna get real now.

A nap would work, yes...

I painted the details on the nose bubble - the field-mod .50 cal mount and the frame around the bombardier's sight glass. After my NAP, I need to scratch the bombsight ledge and mount, and the support framework for the .50. The Norden will need wiring, plus a Data Book on the front of it

The kit bubble, just like on Memphis Belle, has two gun sockets, but they are for two .30 cal MGs. They weren't much good, so the ground crews got jiggly (pun INTENDED) and came up with single and double .50 mounts.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I LOVETHESE WHEELS!!!!

I figured out a way for them to be removable, and a little rotatable. I don't really care about rolling wheels, but it'll be nice for the flat spots to conform to whatever the model is sitting on.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

those are damn sexy. were you going to go with the white metal gear?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthumbs View Post
those are damn sexy. were you going to go with the white metal gear?
I was, until I got a good look at them. I need to get some pics up, but the detail is a LOT softer than the kit parts. They're nowhere near as smooth, either. They look like the've rusted, then the rust was painted over. They're not quite identical to the kit parts - the oleo scissors have a more accurate shape, and the little fire extinguisher-looking thingie on the back of the strut has more detail - but that doesn't mitigate the crappy castings.

One selling point is the 'strength' of the metal parts. They may be a bit stronger, but I don't think that the effort it'd take to make them acceptable cosmetically would be worth the added strength.

They DO look better than the Revell F kit's parts, though.

That's for the mains.

The tail gear is fine - the top of the strut is a direct copy of the kit part's F shape right down to the ejector marks.... but the lower half is newly designed with a separate tailwheel. This, I WILL use. Gladly, even.