Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 B-17F "Bad Penny" - FINISHED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Great job Dave, your satisfaction is quite justified.

How about this for your next build? I know I'm damn inspired!

Mike
Ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

A B17 Osprey!!!!

I must have one!

Damn, damn, damn, damn!!!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

I so want to scratchbuild that! Somewhere in the 2 foot-plus range. Nice and cheap using styrene sheet. Not sure where I'd get 1 foot diameter prop baldes from?

Mike
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Shooting from the hip on the prop blade thing, but I'd try props from RC airplanes. You could scratch hubs by turning something down on a lathe or using some oddball kit parts. Maybe some of those wheels you'll be getting in those morser/leopold parts Stack a couple up, add a bomb nose or something for the boss, and hit it with chrome alclad?

That's a hell of an interesting aircraft. I'd try it but I have lousy scratchbuilding skills.

Last edited by The Cat; 11-12-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
I so want to scratchbuild that! Somewhere in the 2 foot-plus range.Mike
Are you done yet?

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Here's a closeup:

And that's pretty much the money shot right there for me.
Top notch job my feline friend, crisp and clean build! She's a peach
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
And that's pretty much the money shot right there for me.
Top notch job my feline friend, crisp and clean build! She's a peach
Thank you very much, Ian Coming from a modeler of your talents, that's quite high praise!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 AM

jay is a jewel in the roughjay is a jewel in the roughjay is a jewel in the roughjay is a jewel in the roughjay is a jewel in the roughjay is a jewel in the rough

That's gorgeous Dave, damn fine job. if you get a chance can we have more pictures? Would love to see more of this beauty.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay View Post
That's gorgeous Dave, damn fine job. if you get a chance can we have more pictures? Would love to see more of this beauty.
I'll do it And - THANK YOU!
Old 08-27-2015, 07:03 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Hot damn - I get to actually 'fly' Bad Penny!

Aeroplane Heaven just released a B-17F for MS FS X, and they very thoughtfully included a version with the same style nose as I used in this build.

So....after a little repainting:

Old 08-27-2015, 01:12 PM
My ass is itchy...

Old 10-16-2015, 08:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Late to the play as it were, but lovely build. Just all around perfect.

All I can say for more is, I sure hope she's had her days on the contest table. You have a winner right there - and she deserves to be out and about!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/