Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Resin Illuminati > Board Rules and Guidelines

Board Rules and Guidelines Look here for all things related to posting and the rules thereof

Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Constantly Logging In...?

Anybody else having to constantly log back on after they restart their PC? Each and every time I restart, which is once a day, I have to log back on to R.I. This started recently, maybe two weeks ago? I've deleted cookies, history, remembered passwords, etc... yet the issue persists.

Curious to know. It's really nothing more than an annoyance, but to constantly have to log back in each and every time after I restart is trying to once patience.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:13 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Constantly Logging In...?

Have you tried selecting 'remember me' when you log in?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Battlestar Triton

Yessir, I have. Not sure what else I can do if deleting cookies, history, etc... isn't getting it. Kinda weird.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Had the same problem a while ago. Ran malware scanner and picked up some bugs. Once they were removed havent had the issue since. This was a while ago though. at least a year.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
Yessir, I have. Not sure what else I can do if deleting cookies, history, etc... isn't getting it. Kinda weird.
Not seeing anything on this end.

Is it possible something on your computer is resetting your preferences? Just tossing darts at the board here.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:11 PM

Del is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the rough

Nope. Not a problem for me. I clicked the link in my Favorites and by-passed the whole login page. Maybe your computer had an update and something changed with your operating system to delete cookies at shut down?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Battlestar Triton

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
Not seeing anything on this end.

Is it possible something on your computer is resetting your preferences? Just tossing darts at the board here.
That's entirely possible. I thought my settings hadn't changed other than when I did the delete cookies/history thing a couple weeks back. It was a problem on another site at the time, then it sort of migrated here.

Oh, well. I seem to be surviving, so guess it must be making me stronger?

Well, stronger smelling, anyhow.....
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Not to tell you how to suck eggs - but, Some browsers have a security setting which erases all passwords, cookies etc once you close them. Don't know if you activated this at all?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Battlestar Triton

Can't be that. I didn't log off at all last night or yesterday, just closed my browser and locked the 'puter before I went downstairs to watch TV. Came up just a short while ago and popped in here and had to log in once again.

Every time I log in, I check the "keep me logged in" box (or whatever the wording is), don't log out and have on a couple of occasions not restarted or logged off the 'puter. I've checked my settings and can't figure it out, as my security settings aren't causing the same error on the other five sites I visit regularly.

Oh, well.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:21 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

We haven't changed anything on this end... HWR had a point about malware, have you run any scans?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Battlestar Triton

Sorry, Dave - not meaning to sound like I'm accusing anyone of changing stuff here, nor being paranoid about something being done just to me.

Unless it has been done just to me!

More that it's just weird and I can't nail down a cause. Yes, I've run scans and such. I plan to go out and look thru the FreeWare virus and malware programs out there and run those, as well. It's possible that it's something that one of my kids accidentally DL'd when they're playing their games, so I want to look at all avenues, considering the damage something could caues in the long run.

Again, just a little frustrating and somewhat confusing. I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out or it'll fix itself.

Maybe I should stop lookin' at all that gun pr0n!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM
It's gonna get real now.

No no - that thought never crossed my mind. Sometimes changes are made behind the scenes, such as board software updates and the like, that will affect user settings. I just wanted you to know that we haven't done anything like that - more data for you to help you nail down what's going on. That's all
Old 12-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Griff Use Malwarebytes. Its what i have been using since the last kerfuffle and havent had any problems since. Heck just searching google images for ref pics can get your computer a bug these days. Its not just pron sites anymore.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

What browser are you using? Also, are you still able to see what threads have been read and which ones you haven't read yet?

I use Firefox and for the longest time was having similar issues with one of my banking web sites. Every time I logged in I would have to answer a security question despite checking the "register this computer" button, same idea as the remember me box on here. And it was only with Firefox.

I do know that deleting cookies and saved passwords will do what you are describing, regardless of the browser...........ummm.......

I was going somewhere with this for what to look at, but I just lost my thought train......
I'll get back to ya when I get back on the train.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

You're not using a Mac, are you? My laptops, tablets and PC have no problem, by my iPhone does it on every website every time, including my own sites. I hate Apple products - they never seem to work properly; a classic case of form over function.

Last edited by Snagger; 02-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.