Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Resin Illuminati > Board Rules and Guidelines

Board Rules and Guidelines Look here for all things related to posting and the rules thereof

Old 03-26-2015, 12:13 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Picture Hosting

All hands,

We're making a few changes around the site. One of those is that, until further notice, the forum itself will no longer host pictures. So, we ask that you use off-site picture hosting.

At this time, we recommend Photobucket. It has a proven track record, is easy enough to use, and - best of all - is free.

Carry on!

EDIT: This is no longer true. See the post about hosted images.

Last edited by zysurge; 04-05-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Picture Hosting

Is this expected to be a transient thing or long term? Cheers
Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Right now, we're looking at long-term.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:51 PM

ekko New face in the crowd

Does this mean that the "thumbnails in title descriptions" feature is now disabled? I was just reading through the guidelines and noted that you need to upload an attached image to the RI servers to make this work. I'm guessing with these changes the feature will no longer work.

Just curious. Thanks!
Nate
Old 03-27-2015, 01:34 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

For the moment, yes. We need the attachment database to be locked and static while migrating between servers.

Once the migration is complete, we still won't allow hosted images in general, but maybe we can allow thumbnail sized ones. We'll look into it.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 AM

ekko New face in the crowd

Ok, cool. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Eagle Pilot

SciFiTodd is on a distinguished road

What happens to the pictures we have already uploaded? And Just out of curiosity, why would you no longer host photo's? It's kinda hard to show off your work without pictures, is it a cost thing?

www.scifitodd.com
Old 05-11-2015, 04:56 PM

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

All of the existing attachments were transferred and are working.

Yes, it's a cost thing. Server storage is much more expensive than desktop/laptop storage, plus it needs to be backed up, which takes time and also has an associated cost.

You can still show off using pictures, they just have to be hosted elsewhere. I personally use Photobucket, and have heard good things about Imgur.

If you don't know how to display images that are hosted elsewhere, PM me and I'll send instructions.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Eagle Pilot

SciFiTodd is on a distinguished road

Thank you, I would like instructions.

www.scifitodd.com
Old 06-10-2015, 01:41 PM

Ok, here are instructions. Like I said, I use PhotoBucket, so these instructions use that as an example.

First, in PhotoBucket, I find the image I want to embed. To the right of it are four types of links. I click on "Direct" to copy the direct link to my clipboard:

This is what ends up on my clipboard:

Code:
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95/zysurge/DSCF0010_zps4b5da6de.jpg
Next, in my post, i click on the Image icon, which looks like this:

In the popup that creates, I paste the URL from my clipboard and click Ok. That puts the following code in my post:

When I submit my post, the image appears inline, like this:

Old 06-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Kurt no longer funding the site guys?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:12 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
Kurt no longer funding the site guys?
No. From what I could tell, he's wanting to leave the hobby.

Last edited by The Cat; 06-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Words I never expected to hear said about Kurt but times they do change and folks likewise.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 06-11-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:34 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Like the Poet said, "Change is inevitable....except from vending machines."
Old 06-14-2015, 12:28 AM

swhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond reputeswhite228 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
No. From what I could tell, he's wanting to leave the hobby.
Makes me wonder how long his Modelerís Miniatures & Magic site will be up.