Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 01-15-2016, 08:50 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

I will certainly raise a toast to my fellow resin heads.

The impulse drives were roughed into shape over the past weekend, I hadn't had time to post these until today. I think I'm finally happy with this placement and shape. This is one of my most favorite areas of any starship to indulge and embellish in detail. Automotive tail light design is a big influence in my concepts to the impulse drive. I poured over hundreds of photos and concept illustration art from the 50's - today to fuel my motivation. In the end, the ship designs itself. Simply cutting a section out of the primary gives me all I need to determine what the final profile shape of the nozzle should be.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:47 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

That is sexy as all get out.

I hope those windows just aft aren't sleeping quarters!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:54 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
That is sexy as all get out.

I hope those windows just aft aren't sleeping quarters!
Thanks! The row of window ports on the secondary hull - even with the impulse - is the engineering deck. The last pair of ports are off the main hangar bay.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Coming on in a serious fashion Bill.
Liking it sah, liking it a lot!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:14 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Coming on in a serious fashion Bill.
Liking it sah, liking it a lot!
I'm always serious about my fashion Thanks very much!
Old 01-15-2016, 02:52 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Love the tiny plaque in there!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Lego Drydock!
Sentinel plaque!
The Monolith is back!
Major subassemblies, together in one place!
Dogs and Cats, living together - MASS HYSTERIA!
... I need to take a knee...hold on...

How strong are the walls on the hollow secondary?
I love the impulse concepts!
A Boeing logo? Wut?

Major, major geekout over the progress, Buck. I can't wait to see the next installment.

Best-
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post

Lego Drydock!
Sentinel plaque!
The Monolith is back!
Major subassemblies, together in one place!
Dogs and Cats, living together - MASS HYSTERIA!
... I need to take a knee...hold on...

How strong are the walls on the hollow secondary?
I love the impulse concepts!
A Boeing logo? Wut?

Major, major geekout over the progress, Buck. I can't wait to see the next installment.

Best-
Ha!! This is what happens when you miss staff meetings. Wait, I hadn't scheduled any…

Lego drydock Yes, this was an absolute necessity to align the primary and secondary hulls together as I epoxied them together. Good thing my son has millions of them.

Sentinel Builder's Plaque I printed this guy on photo paper so I could mount it inside right on the keel mast. I'm treating her like she's a real ship (in case this wasn't too obvious )

The secondary hull sides are about 1/4" think and I did thin them in areas around the window ports so she's pretty sturdy, even with the roof cut off. I did leave the forward cross-over section (under the bridge) intact to maintain that some structural integrity. There will also be bracing added once electronics and interior subassemblies are built and installed.

The Boeing Astrodynamics company is the lead contractor on the project.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:54 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Beautiful work per usual operating procedures.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:58 AM
All ahead full

Thanks Warrior!

Weekend Update:

The bridge module received the rest of her brass window frames and was notched to fit the secondary "hump". Still need to scribe upper dome details and drill out the nav beacon holes.

The lower primary dome was modified again after I glued the main sensor shroud in place on the secondary. It's just a tad too tall as I looked at her profile. So, I took a razor saw and cut off the lower collar, sanded another 1/16" off of it and will mount the actual domed part beneath the collar so it is more recessed.

Lastly, I scratched the "radiator" out of layers of .060 and .040 styrene to fit in the alcove above the main sensor shroud. This is the Close-Field Directional Sensor, a precursor to what was seen on the dorsal of the Excelsior and Ent-B. And, I just made all of that up.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:01 AM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post

This is the Close-Field Directional Sensor, a precursor to what was seen on the dorsal of the Excelsior and Ent-B. And, I just made all of that up.
of course it is, and of course you did... as all of this is.

but it sounds good, you got that going for you.

my zen for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48G7Y0VWW4
Old 01-25-2016, 10:12 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
of course it is, and of course you did... as all of this is.

but it sounds good, you got that going for you.

my zen for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X48G7Y0VWW4
Good zen.

If it's not pushing, deflecting, or blowing something up - then the easiest thing for a detail piece to do is "sense". Sentinel is all about SCIENCE. Galunga.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 01-25-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Dude!

Hey, it sounded totally legit to me....
Old 01-26-2016, 05:20 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Very cool. Nice touch with the brass frames on the window ports.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 01-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Fantastic! Where do I begin?
1) The bridge module looks like a styrene kit piece... like I could swing by Toys R Us and pick up my own copy.
2) The lower primary dome looks like a lot of rectangles got filled it? Ouch. Accident, or deliberate?
3) The Close-Field Directional Sensor definitely looks like a cousin of the later Excelsior, which, as we all know, had an improved space-time driver coil that improved resolution over earlier systems. This is clearly an earlier iteration, probably lacking the KWILL and CONUS equipment, but still a leapfrog over the TOS ships. (And yes, I made that all up.)

Best-

Last edited by SCI-FI; 01-27-2016 at 07:52 PM.