Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 05-25-2016, 01:10 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Update on the stripe painting. After much debate and photoshopped test-comps, reversing the angle and trying varying shades of red and two-tone reds and grays, the decision was finally made to do this:

The orders came from the highest authority on such matters. I appreciate everyone who I consulted and bugged the hell over this trivial thing. I am pleased however that it does remain in the final design and is better than I had imagined.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Damn spiffy. Glad you didn't go with red. It was sort of too much if you get my meaning.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:34 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Melder View Post
The man from Aztek Dummy? I must keep him in mind then.....thanks Bill!

The man is awesome. He is very pleasant to deal with, fast, and doesn't charge tons of money for his work.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:39 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Damn spiffy. Glad you didn't go with red. It was sort of too much if you get my meaning.
The red was awesome but competed too much with the existing pennants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
The man is awesome. He is very pleasant to deal with, fast, and doesn't charge tons of money for his work.
He certainly is. The vinyl masks are a dream.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

*sheds tears of joy*

I can't tell you how many fandom attempts I've seen, trying to eliminate The Neck, marry the secondary hull with the saucer, and getting crap-all results. This? THIS is how it's done.

No red pennant... but we got two-tone grey, so I'm happy for the extra "visual interest" this will surely generate... Please let us know how the conversations go at W'Fest, especially on that score.

What color will the deflector be? What else remains?

Much praise, Admiral; Sentinel is an inspiration-
-SF
Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
*sheds tears of joy*

I can't tell you how many fandom attempts I've seen, trying to eliminate The Neck, marry the secondary hull with the saucer, and getting crap-all results. This? THIS is how it's done.

No red pennant... but we got two-tone grey, so I'm happy for the extra "visual interest" this will surely generate... Please let us know how the conversations go at W'Fest, especially on that score.

What color will the deflector be? What else remains?

Much praise, Admiral; Sentinel is an inspiration-
-SF
Much appreciated SCI! We'll keep a score of how the stripe is received at WF. I suspect it will be a love/hate reaction.

The main sensor dish paint finish has been delayed because of a faulty bottle of Alclad Pale Burnt Metal - which should have had a gold tone. This bottle is anything but that. New stock is on it's way with a delivery date the day before I leave for WF since it's not locally available. The plans call to leave the natural brass on the spire (I'll simply clear coat it). The dish itself will have several tones of titanium gold, pale burnt metal, pale gold and duraluminum.

The to-do list is finally down to one page! Areas remaining for completion:

Lower hull geometrics (paint)
Glosscoat, decals and final dull coat of the finish
Bridge module wiring harness install
Installation of all the remaining plexi window ports
Installation of the upper hangar and Rec Room modules
Internal wire management
Mounting of base plaque and internal mini-plaque.
Fiber Optic through main sensor dish

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 05-25-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 AM
Ne Jabba no Barter

JediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enough

Just fantastic. A real joy to behold!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 06:48 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 AM
All ahead full

Going into the last weekend of work on S and I'm actually sad that this project is nearing it's end. It's been a fun ride from the start. Last night, the last of the hull painting was completed - the lower hull geometrics were masked and airbrushed. Not seen here is the large red-outlined rectangle on the cove beneath the hangar.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Beautifully executed.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Agreed.

It is indeed sad to see her in the final stages, but it was a fun and very informative ride. You going to finish her shuttle at some point?
Old 05-29-2016, 12:12 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Damn it! You did it again!! First the Shangri-La now this. Oh how I want kits of these designs....please oh please!

Chris
Old 05-29-2016, 10:04 PM

kellyj New face in the crowd

The Sentinel done.
A Beauty enters the Fleet.
Admiral Buck rules.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:35 PM
All ahead full

Yesterday marked the end of construction, over 12 months of planning and building I can happily say. "What's next?"

Alclad painted main sensor dish. Gold titanium, dark aluminum and duraluminum. Brass spire was gloss coated and fed a .75mm fiber optic.

Glosscoat, decals and a final dullcoat spray finished the exterior:

Several window inserts were backed with colored gels to break up the monotony of lit ports:

Captain Henderson and inspection teams arrive for shakedown cruise.

"Thrusters at station-keeping, release all mooring lines."

Shuttlecraft 5, the Bowman, returns to main hangar and stowage.

"Set course, Louisville."

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:38 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Gorgeous work, Admiral.

She's a real tight and imaginative build. Just beautiful work!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/