Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 07-09-2015, 12:00 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default 1/32 EC-135 Gunship

I'm calling this one done (well, pending a couple of paint touch ups but they are minor). It's the newly tooled Revell 1/32 EC-135 but instead of being a medical helicopter, I decided it should be a gunship. I've seen pics of the EC-635 but it looks not at all intimidating and more toy-like than military

This has not been the easiest kit to put together - bad fit issues a plenty here. The main rotor section is just a PITA to put together and would be well suited to someone who builds helo's on a regular basis and know what they're doing. I am just not one of those people.....

It looks more or less how I imagined it would. The post shading I did has blended in more with the semi-gloss clear coat and is not so noticeable, which in my opinion is more real than glaringly obvious shading (one thing that is beginning to irk me somewhat lately are over shaded panels - they just do not look like that in real life and if they do, the paint work on a model needs to be kept in scale - not that I am perfect in that area mind you)

The weapons are from Black Ops Models and the pilot figures are from the Trumpeter Modern CH-47 crew set. I suck at figures and it's no different now. I probably should've just left them out of it in hindsight, but they're there now and there they shall remain

Well, tell me what you think - good or bad - I don't mind

Well, that's it for this one. I have made a start on my next project - the 1/32 Trumpeter SU-27!

Anyway, as always, thanks for stopping by an having a look

See you soon

MH
Old 07-10-2015, 07:01 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/32 EC-135 Gunship

Cool lookin' piece of work there.

Love the GAU-19s on the inboard hard points.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:45 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That looks pretty dang cool! Sweet job on it. You could probably also have a gunner out the back hatch.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-13-2015, 06:22 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

cheers fellas

Yes, I did have a door gunner in mind, but it got too hard and this kit is a bitch to put together with ill fitting parts etc and I lost enthusiasm for it, so I didn't add the door guns to it. It also needs a wire splicer added to it, but again, can't be arsed. It looks OK as is now