Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 06-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Interesting:

Mike, Oz
Old 06-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Hey Bob,what is the stance from the president ellect nomonies on NASA and Space travel in general?
Last thing we need is a new president who care FA about it and scratch the return plans from NASA's budget!

Phil

I think... given our current economic hard times AND being this is a time of war... that Space will get short-shrift yet again, no matter who we elect. It's just not a big priority.

Humanity has it backwards. We ( collectively ) think that we can't afford space exploration because we have starving people to feed and gas tanks to fill... the irony is... that with all the natural resources just waiting for us out there right in our own system and within relatively easy reach if we'd just go get it, we could end our dependency on traditional energy/food production within a generation or two. But we just won't do it. The money is there. So's the technology. We just lack the will.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Mike,that was cool!
What show or doco is that from?
I can watch that sorta stuff for hour's on end!!!

Phil
Old 06-22-2008, 04:14 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
I think... given our current economic hard times AND being this is a time of war... that Space will get short-shrift yet again, no matter who we elect. It's just not a big priority.

Humanity has it backwards. We ( collectively ) think that we can't afford space exploration because we have starving people to feed and gas tanks to fill... the irony is... that with all the natural resources just waiting for us out there right in our own system and within relatively easy reach if we'd just go get it, we could end our dependency on traditional energy/food production within a generation or two. But we just won't do it. The money is there. So's the technology. We just lack the will.

That's a real shame,it's gonna take someone with a great vision like John Kennedy,to turn the american's view on space exploration i think and then even that may not sway support toward's human spaceflight in today's time's!
I don't know what sorta budget the military is given for example,but i'm sure just a fraction of that would give NASA the ability to show the world what great thing's they are capable of!

I guess the 60's and early 70's where just very special time's,when people cared!

Phil
Old 06-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Mike,that was cool!
What show or doco is that from?
I can watch that sorta stuff for hour's on end!!!

Phil
Not sure exactly, but the YouTube title said 'BBC Space Race'. Some Series I'd never heard of. Have you seen 'From the Earth to the Moon'? I have the DVD set if you would like to borrow it. It is incredible!

Also the 'The Dish' Oz movie DVD has lots of the NASA footage on it too. I can watch that stuff for hours too!

Mike, Oz
Old 06-22-2008, 06:03 AM

^
Mike,ya know i've never seen a lot of that 'From the Earth to the Moon'.Channel 9 did screen it year's ago,but i didn't see many episode's.
So that be great borrowing it!
'The Dish' is just a classic Aussie flick aye?It's just a great movie and anyone over there who's like the Apollo program should try and get a viewing of this movie!!
Think if it wasn't for a radio telescope in a sheep paddock down here in Australia,those first pic's of man stepping on the moon wouldn't have been seen!
My favourite doco i got is called 'Moon Shot',it's a good one,tad over 3hrs.
Only got a vhs version,but it really is a good viewing,you can borrow that in return if you got a video player and 3hrs to spare?

Phil

Last edited by Wombat; 06-22-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
^
Bit like this Mark!

Just how awesome would have it been,to see a Saturn V launch?

Ok,got the blackout's done on the first stage,now the first and second stage's a pretty much ready for the rest of the decals.
Fitted the F1's back into the bottom and put the fin's in,to see how the look.
Glued the main tunnel to the 1b stage and now that need's filling between itself and the tube.

Phil
Hey Phil, Man thats looking great!! Yeah thats how i saw it in Huntsville and they even hads some other rockets standing upright next to it like the old mercey and titan they used before the saturn came along. I wish i could find the pic i took of them.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

This looks original....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_%28spacecraft%29

A step backwards or what?

Mike, Oz
Old 06-22-2008, 09:17 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Yeap it sure does.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

What's most important is that it works, is relatively inexpensive to produce AND is based on a proven technology such as the North American/Rockwell Command/Service module.

At least today, with our modern avionics, the weight should be reduced even more over what was possible 40 years ago.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Still lurking about....

Loneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to all

Damn....I suck.

Phil, I got a whole mess of images of the Saturn V at Johnson Space Center, after they put it's own building around it. I can load them up and shoot the link over to you if it will help any.

Heck, I'll load them up anyway.

Aaaaaand, here they are:

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...pace%20Center/

I threw in a few extras, like a piece done for Flight Director Gene Kranz when he received some awesome award, a few shots of mission control, and inside the cockpit of the shuttle mockup astronauts use at the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility.

Hope these help...enjoy!

Last edited by Loneknight; 06-22-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
What's most important is that it works, is relatively inexpensive to produce AND is based on a proven technology such as the North American/Rockwell Command/Service module.

At least today, with our modern avionics, the weight should be reduced even more over what was possible 40 years ago.

Make's sense,the Apollo CM/SM worked so well!
Orion is the 21 century version of Apollo!
Let's hope it can inspire another generation of people just like the Apollo program!

Phil
Old 06-22-2008, 03:19 PM

Loneknight,great pic's dude,thank's for posting a link!

So this is how the Saturn down at JSC is displayed these day's!
That's a good thing for the longtivety of this beastie and should preserve it for a lot of generation's to enjoy in the future!
Considering it had been out in the weather for over a quarter of a century when i seen her,she still looked the good's!

Phil
Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Still lurking about....

Loneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to allLoneknight is a name known to all

It was certainly a heck of a sight when I first saw it. I had never seen the Saturn V with my own eyes, so when they opened the door and I stepped through, it was purely awe-inspiring!

The other rockets, sadly, are not doing as well. When I was getting shots of the Mercury-Redstone, I kept seeing bees or hornets buzzing out of the fuselage. They need to get all of those in some kind of building and start major restoration work.

Anyway, glad you like the pics and hope they help! I'm anxious to see your Saturn completed!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:51 PM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

The F-1 engine was amazing. Each engine consumed three metric tons (about 6600Lbs) of fuel a second during a Saturn-V launch. That number is almost mind boggling to comprehend. That was a LOT of power.

These discussions of the future of space flight and manned space flight in particular always make me chuckle. The public has been so channeled into thinking about NASA and government run/funded space flight that no one seems to even notice what is going on elsewhere. Never before have there been so many private companies working so hard to create affordable human access (High flight rate = affordable access) to LEO. One example is right here on these very forums. http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=2834 I have done a large number of models for PlanetSpace (www.planetspace.org) many of which I cannot even show publicly. Trust me when I say there is a LOT going on behind the scenes in these companies (I only know what goes on in the one but I'm sure they are not alone) that the public knows nothing about. This is partly because you want to keep many things away from the prying eyes of the competition and partly due to the media being more interested in the shitter on the ISS and what Paris Hilton is doing today.

Anyway my point is the future of space flight look way more exciting then anyone ever imagined. DO not worry there are a large number of us out here who want to "make space for you" and truly want to see visions like Chelsey Bonestell painted become reality. If someone can make money doing it, it will definietly take off (pun intended!).

Now if some of the venture capitalists out there would have a little more vision we would be all set.

BTW that Saturn-V models looks great. My dream is to produce a super accurate and detailed 1/72 resin kit of that moon rocket someday