Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props, Artwork, Action Figures > CGI and Graphics

CGI and Graphics CG models, Photoshop, and Composites

Old 03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CG Cylon Tanker

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd post a few renders of the Cylon tanker I'm "slowly" building, I needed a stand in for some parts maps I'm doing of the SS Tanker. I don't have any pictures of the bottom I can post, so I had to build this. This is also helpful in building the Studio scale version. Cheers,

Joe C.

This is the plexi main body section.

Cylon Plexi Parts 3.jpg

Here's a closeup of the mounting point.

Cylon Plexi Parts 7.jpg

A shot with some body panels added.

Cylon Plexi Parts 13.jpg

A shot with some detail Leopold parts.

Cylon Plexi Parts 18.jpg

Here's one of the Leopold parts. Not completely finished yet. I have to build every part on the model in CG, Woo Hoo,

Leopold Part 7.jpg

This was a happy accident. I hit the wrong button in my 3D program and got a stealth version of the Tanker, in dark plexi.

Cylon Plexi Parts 16.jpg

Hope to get some more done on this soon, between all the other projects, Later

Last edited by bwayne64; 03-12-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:58 PM

Ice-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really nice
Default Re: CG Cylon Tanker

Looks like your off to a great start there
Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Man,
Your stuff rocks the casbah as well. Don't know if I'll ever have the level of detail of your models. I took a quick look at the Blender interface and about fell out. That thing would fry my synapses, LOL.
I'm a Lightwave user from way back. It was the only one simple enough for me to figure out, Cheers,

Joe
Old 03-15-2010, 01:52 PM

Ice-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really niceIce-Dragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwayne64 View Post
I took a quick look at the Blender interface and about fell out. That thing would fry my synapses, LOL.
I'm a Lightwave user from way back. It was the only one simple enough for me to figure out, Cheers,

Joe
It's funny you say that because I tryed the demos of Lightwave, Max & maya and Blender was the only one I found easy to get o grips with

I look forward to seeing more on the Cylon Tanker
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

Had a small update on the Tanker.

Added some Wostok panels to the bottom.

Cylon Plexi Parts 19.jpg

From the back, Wostok Domes, and Saturn V Parts.

Cylon Plexi Parts 20 small.jpg

Added Legg's nozzel's, and Harrier parts.

Cylon Tanker Top 7.jpg

Cheers,

Joe

Last edited by bwayne64; 03-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 PM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

I will be watching this thread with great interest. This looks awesome so far.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

Thanks Man, I'm having a lot of fun with this one. Sorry It's so slow between updates. Having to build every little kit part in 3D is fun, but time consuming. The good thing about it is once you have the part, you can stick it on any ship that has that greebly. Cut and paste modeling. Cheers,

Joe
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Long Time Lurker

LeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to beholdLeeS is a splendid one to behold

This might save you some time:
http://www.meshweaver.com/frames/Nur...ecatalogue.htm

Nice model so far! I've built CG versions of some of the same pieces.

L
Old 03-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Luke ThreadKiller

Wow ! Thats a nice collection. And I thought I was busy. Very cool work there man. Thanks for posting, Cheers,

Joe
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

Got a few renders of the bottom of the main body. It's taking much longer than I would like. I just have too many irons in the fire. Oh well, enjoy,

Joe

Cylon Tanker Bottom Front 4.jpg

Cylon Tanker Bottom Aft 5.jpg

A wireframe just for giggles, and the 3d expert's can see all my boolean errors,

Wires.jpg

Last edited by bwayne64; 04-15-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:26 PM

Looking good there bwayne64
Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Luke ThreadKiller

Another Tiny update. Still plugging away. Haven't got the neck, or the droop nose done yet. Just the basic shape of the nose. Those curves are a bear in 3D, Cheers,

Joe

Nose prelim.jpg

Nose prelim 2.jpg

Nose prelim 3.jpg

Last edited by bwayne64; 06-02-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

Still working on this thing, but needed a little help with a couple of Id's. If anyone knows these, I'd appreciate the assist, cheers,

Joe

Hopefully Gary won't mind me using his pic,

Last edited by bwayne64; 11-30-2014 at 02:58 PM.