Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Post T-34/76 Russian Tank [Scale 1:72] – [Italeri].

Unknown Unit - Russia - Winter 1942 - ‘43.

Description as stated in the Instruction Brochure:

The T 34 is considered among the best tanks used in the 2nd World War. Although simple in design, this vehicle was extremely robust, combining high speed with excellent off-road performance, plus good armament. Additionally, it was considerably armour plated and this aspect considerably reduced the efficiency of the German anti-tank cannons, at least in the initial stages of the war. Moreover, it featured an accentuated hull shape which increased its ballistic protection. Different, gradually improved versions of the T 34 were used throughout the War, giving a satisfactory account of themselves against Germany’s massive Tigers and Panthers.

With the modifications I have in mind this will be a great build (I hope so)...

I'll be in touch soon...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: T-34/76 Russian Tank [Scale 1:72] – [Italeri].

Hello Friends:

Some of the modifications I have in mind is to cut and give movement to the suspension and also cut every track to give movement to this heavy tank…

At this moment I think this will not be so easy but truth is that nothing is impossible…

Wish me luck as this is my first Tank and 3rd Kit and I have no idea in all the painting process in a Tank...

This time the airbrush will be ready, well, truth is the airbrush it’s ready but the Neanderthal behind it’s not at all ready to use it…

Your comments and recommendations are very appreciated… ...

Have a Good Start Week and God Bless You All…
Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 PM

Hello Everybody:

At this time all tracks have been cut with an X-Acto No. 11 Knife, later, each Track will be sanded to proceed to drill each of the Tracks and add the wiring to connect them and provide movement, also the suspension will be cut in order to move the mechanical caterpillar...

Have a Good Night...

I'll be in touch soon...
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Hello Friends:

The suspension parts has been cut and the chasis is filled with Putty to correct the flaws and scratches that I made with the X-Acto Knife...

I'll be in touch soon...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Hello Everybody:

Finally after thinking how to give ability to each Main Road Wheel and each Suspension Arm, the silver pins are a good element for this purpose...

Enclosed are some pictures regarding this matter, in these photographs you will appreciate the various elements that give movement to the traction of the tank, BTW the plastic in black color comes from an electric wire coating that will be used to lock the silver pin to the Hull, or we can use a homemade plastic washer with their respective glue ration to secure the silver pin...

Enclosed you will find a picture of each side of the Hull properly sanded and ready for Primer…

Also enclosed you will find a picture regarding how the Main Road Wheel of the Tank looks and my idea is to re-create this adding some holes to simulate the nuts…

Well, the idea is Ok, now I need to work on it…

Have a Great Day…

Last edited by Alioth; 04-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

I hate to say it this late in the game but a Dragon 1/72 T-34/76 would suit your needs much better. The kit you are working with is about 30 years old.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
I hate to say it this late in the game but a Dragon 1/72 T-34/76 would suit your needs much better. The kit you are working with is about 30 years old.

Hello HWR MKII, you are right about Dragon and truth is that Italeri left behind a lot of good details, Dragon quality it's outstanding, (no doubt) but, considering that the T34/76 was a great Tank, a simple effort in the modification to add quality to some parts it's reasonable...

When the brain moves the hands is when we see the funny art...

Thanks for watching and remember that it's always a pleasure stay in touch...

Have a Good Night and God Bless You...
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Hello Friends:

Enclosed you will please find the modification to the Main Road Wheel...

The holes in the wheel makes looks so simple and little pieces of wire were added...

I'll be in touch soon...
Old 04-19-2011, 07:09 PM

Hello Friends:

At this time, the Front Idler Wheels, the Main Road Wheels and the Drive Sprockets are in their respective position…

Also the Hull Sides are in their place already with Primer…

Now, this little monster has movement, the next step are the Tracks

I hope you like the advance… God Bless You All...
Old 04-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Hello Everybody:

The Tracks have been filed and perforated with a 0.4 mm Fine Drill (Tamiya)… Pffffff... :S

To tie all the tracks I used a cable that we can find in any damaged USB cable…

Plastic Tracks are very fragile and I wasn’t expecting this issue , I can't add the electric motor that I had planned because it would break all the tracks also the wire isn’t very resistant…

Despite the fact that the Caterpillar will not have movement by an electric motor, all Tracks look much better in an individually form…

I don’t know if there are Friul Tracks available for the 1:72 Scale… Would be GREAT!!!...

Maybe, I don’t know if Vinyl Tracks could be much better if we think to add Electric movement to the Caterpillar…

I believe that the Tracks in 1:35 Scale are more resistant, which makes me think that the amendment that I have in mind can be performed (Electric Motors)…

Now I’ll begin to modify the ventilation grilles…

Have a Good Day and God Bless You All…
Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That's some fine work there. The Bolsheviks built good tanks - and I've always been a T-34 junkie!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
That's some fine work there. The Bolsheviks built good tanks - and I've always been a T-34 junkie!

Hello My Dear Friend it’s a pleasure stay in touch again…

Thanks for the comments and Yes, I’m amazingly impressed with this Great Tank too…

Thanks for watching and I’m glad you like the advance and the modifications…

A Hug…
Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Hello Friends:

Enclosed you will please find the modification to the ventilation grilles… To do the grilles I used a 0.27 Cal. Nickel Cable…

Thanks for watching and Have a Good Night…

God Bless You All…
Old 04-30-2011, 12:22 PM

Hello Friends:

Enclosed you will please find the advance regarding some modifications to the Armour and Accessories...

Each Front Towing Shackle, the Driver’s Periscopes and the Degtaryev DT 7.62 mm Machine Gun are in their position…

Have a Nice Weekend and God Bless You All...
Old 05-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Hello Friends:

Been a while off of this great Tank but now I’m on it…

Enclosed you will please find more modifications… BTW the Turret Hatch will have movement…

Have a good weekend and God Bless You All…