Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 01-15-2012, 04:57 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: "Last Crusade" 1/35 Mark VIII tank, scratchbuild

Really cool! glad to see you're back at it!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Hotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. I've gotten the whole thing rebuilt, and am starting to cast up rivets from a tank kit i had lying around, so now they'll be very nice and clean. Should have this thing ready to kit within a few weeks!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM

Hotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the roughHotshot is a jewel in the rough

Nearly done with the tank, now know that the price point for a kit will be under 150. Look for an interest thread towards the end of January.

Also,wanted to pass these links along. Looks like someone got some love recently
http://www.parkeology.com/2011/04/in...yard-tank.html

And if you're in the mood to do a few other models from the films, ICM recently released this kit
http://www.icm.com.ua/catalogue/237-...rmy-truck.html

It can be had through many outlets (Dragon, Tower, etc.)

***OMG! The truck music just came on my iTunes!!*** :lol
Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 PM

Here's a pretty shot of the NEW side walls. These are textured with a touch of speckle, and three coats of primer, so that the thinner layers disappear a bit. Once riveted, they'll re-emerge. I'm moving onto the center section and its last few details, then the turret, then the riveting of the entire beast. Stowage is done, some will be added and cast with the sides and top, some will be separately cast. After that, we move to the treads and small details. Master tread is done and getting cast. Small details include the mounting points, tow points, and even scale gastank caps and wingnut heads.

More pics coming.
We're nearly there!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM

Sides have only about three or four more little detail pieces needed, and treads have been started. Very tempted to make some kind of track linking system, but that might kick the price up a bit (eep!).

Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I'm loving it!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 PM

Thanks!! Definately getting close to an interest thread if anyone's up for one of these. Price shouldn't cross the 150 line. More to come, as I'm casting tracks today, and finishing upthe other side. Mid section is getting riveted, and the rest of the stowage is done.

My only hang ups ore the Hessian camo nets, chain, and barbed wire. SHould i provide these, or will the aftermarket suffice for your guys?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 AM

fistius will become famous soon enoughfistius will become famous soon enough

Wow, that is looking fantastic! And under $150? I am there!

Cheers, Chris
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM

So I've trouble shot all the rest of the kit, and got tow cables, chains, and barbed wire figured out.

The only hurdles left are decals and Barracuda camo nets (not Hessian). I've contacted a company in Austrailia to see if they'll ship to the US, and if so . . .only decals will hold this up. I don't have Photoshop since upgrading my computer, so if there's any volunteers out there . . . :unsure
Old 02-03-2012, 01:53 PM

fistius will become famous soon enoughfistius will become famous soon enough

Mate,

if you have any issues with the Aussie company, let me know-I am in Australia and can act as a middle man per say and get the items to you. As for decals, try JT Graphics, Jeff is a good guy who does nice decals. Can't wait for this one!

Cheers, Chris
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Stuck out with the Aussie company, as the product I reallllllyyy wanted is no longer made (then take it off the website ya mook!). So were gonna go a bit high class and do the camo netting with Eduard photoetch. Pricey, but overall, worth it for an authentic look. I'll have to give Jeff a call, we used to hang out in the same crowd in Maryland, but I haven't talked to him in sometime. My biggest problem is my upgraded Mac can no longer run Photoshop without dropping the other shoe and getting a new processor, whic is expensive . . .

Anyway, the tank will be done this weekend and ready to be mastered, so look for the interest thread here and on the RPF!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:01 AM

Everything troubleshot, mock up coming Wed or Thursday, as long as camo nets get here. Barracudda camo will be from Eduard and included. Chain will also be included. Decals made by me, design by my brother.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Decals made by me, design by my brother.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Working out one or two quirks, still wating on camo nets, but casting has started, and decals are done, just gotta get 'em printed. Gonna pop up an interest thread today! Hope you guys are looking forward to this!

**interest thread is up**
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showt...164#post228164

Last edited by Hotshot; 02-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Check it out! Turret casted up and built! Parts that are to be cleaned and mounted are cast in the grey, main turret part in the desert yellow that the entire kit will be cast in. Also note the chain and metal antenna!
Loving this, and looking forward to posting more!

This will give you an idea of how detailed we're gonna get on this thing!