Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 11-21-2015, 06:20 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Quick install today - Port side main gangway was cut into the primary side, a cove made and finished with a piece of PE from the ParaGrafix 350 refit set:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Awesome. The refit touches really reinforce how close this TOS ship is to the designs of TMP.

Best-
Old 11-22-2015, 11:11 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Looking great. Weird, but those photos won't show up in TapaTalk. Anyone else experiencing that and know why?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:43 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Looking great. Weird, but those photos won't show up in TapaTalk. Anyone else experiencing that and know why?
Thanks! So, just these last two photos don't show up in Tapa? Everything I have here is linked to the same Photobucket library. I've never been able to get TapaTalk to work on my phone so I can't verify.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:23 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks 137th. I have seen those compositions. I did a more recent compilation of the Shangri-La. I think yours shows a bow view still in primer. Here is the link for the Shangri-La ortho:
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/y...pshr8jsjcw.jpg

I have yet to do a finalized version for Wasp but I'll let you know when that's done. Please feel free to use these if you'd like.
Wow! Those are definitely an vast improvement over my initial pic. Thanks very much for putting those together.

Question - did you ever happen to do a similar one of those for the Wasp as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
No worries with me, I'd be honored!
Thanks very much, sir, most kind! Since your ship contains more traditional TOS-era components, I'll likely be attempting a line-drawing 4-view schematic - probably using either Trebuchet or Vance ship kit parts. Should be a fairly straight-forward undertaking. Thanks again!

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 11-23-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:56 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
Question - did you ever happen to do a similar one of those for the Wasp as well?!
You're welcome!

As I mentioned earlier (and you requoted) No, I haven't done the Wasp yet.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:39 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Sorry - totally missed that part of the post.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:29 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Yup, only those two pictures don't show, I've had issues in other threads too. Must be a TapaTalk thing.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:49 PM
All ahead full

Couple of update pics. First up is a composition of test renders of the 3D nacelle currently being executed for production as a 1:350 scale multi-part kit. This nacelle will measure 367mm when completed and will include both nacelle halves, dome and end caps as well as inner intercooler panels.

A test sculpt of the port side impulse master was attempted in urethane as was a newly designed discharge vent above it. (It was brought to my attention that I needed one. Or something.)

Current underside view, still test fitting all components. Secondary hull and deflector shroud still await the mold/cast process.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:44 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Works of greatness.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Indeed.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Awesome work. My observations:
1) The impulse engine reminds me of those on the NX-01. Deliberate homage?
2) The nacelles remind me of the Archer-class Sagittarius. If so, tender operations may look like "piggyback on daddy"...

Can't wait for the next update; best-
Old 11-24-2015, 06:01 AM
I hate Illinois Nazis

Isurus is on a distinguished road

Stunning work Admiral! It's a real shame you won't be offering this as a kit; I already had a name picked out. 😭 Your attention down to the last detail is absolutely amazing. Personally, I enjoy seeing some different variations in ship design. It really helps to keep things interesting. Some things work, some don't. This one is definitely a looker!

The only brow-raiser I had was the gangway hatch. Being recessed like that, it looks to me to be more like an airlock with a staging platform. From an artistic standpoint it looks great! I was just unsure from an engineering standpoint if the gangway could actually clear the hull (height wise) and fit into there. Just my observation and no disrespect intended.

Anyways, she's a fine ship and obviously has a loving master. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Daniel
Old 11-24-2015, 06:10 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Awesome work. My observations:
1) The impulse engine reminds me of those on the NX-01. Deliberate homage?
2) The nacelles remind me of the Archer-class Sagittarius. If so, tender operations may look like "piggyback on daddy"...

Can't wait for the next update; best-
Thanks everyone!!

1) Another happy accident! The original concept depicted a split impulse like this on either side of the blended hull. There were no details but I felt the need to carve grooves/vanes into it. Because, you know, it makes it look like it goes faster. I may try a couple of other variations of things so it doesn't look like I'm deliberately lifting ideas from other ships.

2) Yes! I love the Archer class nacelles and that's where I stole that idea from too.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:22 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
Stunning work Admiral! It's a real shame you won't be offering this as a kit; I already had a name picked out. 😭 Your attention down to the last detail is absolutely amazing. Personally, I enjoy seeing some different variations in ship design. It really helps to keep things interesting. Some things work, some don't. This one is definitely a looker!

The only brow-raiser I had was the gangway hatch. Being recessed like that, it looks to me to be more like an airlock with a staging platform. From an artistic standpoint it looks great! I was just unsure from an engineering standpoint if the gangway could actually clear the hull (height wise) and fit into there. Just my observation and no disrespect intended.

Anyways, she's a fine ship and obviously has a loving master. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Daniel
Thanks Daniel!

In regards to the main gangway, I did cut the hole into the port side exactly the height and width of the PE part so there is no overhang from the hull to block the hatch. I did want to orient the gangway perpendicular to the deck and not curved and angled 60 to the exterior slant of the outer hull and the only way to do that neatly was to recess it. I look at the gangway access (in port or at a star base) as I do seeing modern aircraft at an airport - with large covered bridges that would envelop the area around a hatch. The jet bridge to a aircraft is not the exact height and width of the cabin door - it's much larger and designed to accommodate a variety of aircraft. I see the same situation with spacecraft. A larger, flexible system with maybe magnetic seals to keep it airtight. This docking connections would possibly wrap around the perimeter of the hull surrounding the docking hatch rather than to the doorframe.