Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God
Default 1931 Ford Model A Coupe

Here's an 'A' kit from the early '90s. ERTL, I believe... I did it up factory stock. In 1931, the A was available with a standard 4 cylinder. But in 1932, Ford offered a flathead V8... the 'Deuce Coupe'. Even though I didn't photograph it that way, the rumble seat DOES fold out. Also, the headlight wiring loom was added by me by using guitar cable!

I got to drive a REAL Model A a few years back. That's a full time job because you need almost ALL your limbs to operate the clutch, gas, brakes, throttle and spark advance, which was a lever on the column!

Here's a pic of me driving one ( which was a sedan rather than a coupe ) and it was a real treat:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31A 1.jpg (235.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 31A 2.jpg (240.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 31A 3.jpg (217.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 31A 4.jpg (237.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 31A 5.jpg (236.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 31A 6.jpg (245.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-18-2008, 07:31 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1931 Ford Model A Coupe

where...did you dig up that old fossil...?
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 07-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

^ Out of your closet... besides... the Model A was a great car!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Goldmember

Mmm..... I can almost SMELL that lovely black nitrocellulose lacquer...

Remember; It was Henry Ford himself who said, " They can have any color they like, as long as it is black. "
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Now that's a class act. Perfecto.
Thanks for posting these
Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
What's in your Stable?

greenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of Allgreenusmarine53 Overlord Master of All

Question, do you remember if the kits plastic was red. Did you have the option to build a hot rod? If so, then I am working on that kit right now, well destroying it would be a better word.

Exigo a me non ut optimis par sim, sed ut malis melior
Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenusmarine53 View Post
Question, do you remember if the kits plastic was red. Did you have the option to build a hot rod? If so, then I am working on that kit right now, well destroying it would be a better word.
Just checked. The kit plastic is black. If I still had the box, I could give you the four-digit ERTL item code.

I think this one did have a few optional parts, but I don't remember if it was able to be built as a hot rod right from the box. Sorry!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Beautiful job, looks like it should be displayed in a museum.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Monogram made what looks to be an identical kit but only in stock version molded in green and black? I bought it to 'rod' it to match a car I once owned.
Mine was a 30 five window coupe but they look alike.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Goldmember

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post
Beautiful job, looks like it should be displayed in a museum.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:39 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Frak, thinking about my old car caused me to forget:

OOT- you did a fantastic job!