Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM

RB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura about
Default New 1/72 A-Wing

I have just completed work on a 1/72 A-Wing and thought I'd share some pics. As far as I could see there just wasn't one available that would look good next to the plastic kits available of other fighters so I ended up making one.

It's cast in resin and measures around 95mm long, so about 7m in real life. That appears to be the most likely size after extensive research. I know a lot of people seem to thinks it should be about 4m but that makes it tiny and the 9.6m quoted everywhere is way too big. This size fits with the relative size of the pilot in the studio model and the hanger matte painting showing A-Wings next to Y-Wings.

Anyway, pics!

The canopy, control panel and engine interiors are all cast in clear (engines grey in pics of assembled fighter) so they can be lit with a bit of careful hollowing out.

Might be able to do a limited run if anyone is interested.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New 1/72 A-Wing

That looks good. I would be interested dependaent on price.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 AM

satazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nicesatazius is just really nice

Holy crap. That is one sweet looking machine. Nicely done.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I think it look very nice too! Depending on price, I'd like to get one...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Depending on the price I'd be interested! Maybe you can help me with something what did you use for the cockpit canopy?

~Pete~
Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Fear is the Mind Killer.

Padawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati GodPadawan v 2.5 Resin Illuminati God

I've been looking for a 1/72 scale A-Wing for a dio I've wanted to do for a long time. Count me as interested.

P@T

My model club: www.fpkclub.com

"Pat is more like a good explosion. First, you wonder what the hell happened. Then, you realize what it was. Then, you often find yourself wishing it would happen again, depending on the target." LDB
Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM

RB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura aboutRB26 has a spectacular aura about

Still working on a price, I'll post as soon as I know. Great to see so much positive interest in such a short time

The canopy is just cast in a good quality clear resin.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Patience my young friend

Locke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really niceLocke_333 is just really nice

A LOOOTTT of interest here!

Building : 1/72 E-Wing http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...01-72%20scale/

More at : http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/Locke_333/
Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Well I know of another 1/72 A-wing but the detail is 'soft' and not near as accurate as what you have

~Pete~
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM

I'm not going to be making many copies so it will stay quite rare and exclusive and you can be assured the castings will all be of the same quality as in the pictures. I hope to have a painted example to show soon.

Please take into account as well that it took me many months of meticulous research to discover how all the details should look, some of which I haven't seen on any other A-Wing model, even some really nice studio scale ones. I won't claim it's 100% accurate but it's as close as I could get without actually having the studio model in my hands. The scale is arguable but it is a compromise I am very happy with and the pilot is a true 1/72 scale figure.

PM me if you are interested. I have PayPal.

Thanks

Last edited by RB26; 05-29-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

That looks fantastic. Lovely sculpt, amazing detail!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 PM

ralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really niceralphee is just really nice

Didnt Al Wong master one of these a while back? If i recall, it was bloody awful too, not a patch on these casts either!
Have to say, this is a very cute looking kit, but the pattern work is amazing at the size...thats a very pretty little kit, i hope you do well with the sales buddy!

lee
Old 11-21-2008, 04:36 AM

Yeah he did it's the one Fantastic Plastic sells, I've got it and it's nowhere near as nice as this one looks to be.

~Pete~
Old 11-27-2008, 03:00 AM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

Just confirming I will pick one of these up if they are still available later in December.
Finally - and I hesitate to mention this, since you've done such a fine job! - the two very front ends of the fuselage are actually hollow, if anyone feels like hollowing them out as I did in this aforementioned version.

Last edited by PetarB; 11-27-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Crisp, clean and bloody sharp!
That's a wee beauty and no mistake, VERY nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetarB View Post
Finally - and I hesitate to mention this, since you've done such a fine job! - the two very front ends of the fuselage are actually hollow, if anyone feels like hollowing them out as I did in this aforementioned version.
Erm, sorry i have to beg to differ concerning that at least as far as one of the studio effects models are concerned anyway, pic below.
Anyone else i can't speak for but them front ends look solid to me. I have seen them portrayed as hollow or close to it in some fan art and animated stuff though so fair enough if that's what you are alluding to.

And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 11-27-2008 at 04:41 AM.