Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Real Space

Real Space Finished build ups of real space-related subjects

Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold
Default Revell SCA & Shuttle kit

Hi there,

It's been a while but I have finally got some building done!
Here's an image of the recently re-issued Revell 1/144th SCA & Shuttle.
Not an easy kit but cheap and -as you can see- builds up into a fine model with a little care.

Will be a full review and build in Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeller No:29.

Cheers

Hector
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCA & Discovery 1.jpg (511.3 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM

mb1k New face in the crowd
Default Re: Revell SCA & Shuttle kit

Nice composite!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM

ego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to all

Very nice . . . I've just picked one up myself and have started scratch building an interior for it. (all those windows SCREAM for it)

Any tips for someone just getting started on this one?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

If you are doing the interior of the 747, these might help.
Ken P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Transport 747 Int looking Forward.jpg (919.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Transport 747 Int looking Aft.jpg (813.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Transport 747 Int Detail.jpg (888.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Transport 747 Mount Bracket Front.jpg (742.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Transport 747 Mount Bracket.jpg (820.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM

ego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to all

Oh wow . . . Thank you. I've got a directory full of pictures that I've been using for reference, but I didn't have ANY of those.

That first picture you posted is EXACTLY the last picture I needed to fill in some detail.

Not sure if those are your own pictures or not, but, if they are, do you have any indication of roughly how old they are? Or which SCA its from? Most of my shots are of NASA 905 . . . but there seems to be insulation on the walls that isn't present on more recent shots of 905.

I'm hoping to do mine from the Enterprise ALT era . . . . so just wondering if I need to make things look more like your shots instead.

And lastly, REALLY sorry for the hijack . . . maybe should split this off. Just don't want to detract from the kick ass work on Hector's model.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:51 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light

I do not know what tail number this was. The pictures are from 1998 or 1999, when I was stationed at Moffet Field, in California. The base hosted an airshow, and NASA put this plane on public display, with ramps so that you could go inside. I don not know if they ever let people in it any other time, for me it was a once in a lifetime thing.
Unfortunately, this was long before digital cameras, so I had to be very sparing with my photo taking.
Ken P.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:52 PM

I found this picture on Wikipedia, thought you might like it.
Ken P.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 719px-Shuttle_mounting_point.jpg (34.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by kenpiniak; 01-02-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 PM

OK, after looking at some info on the internet, it looks like my photos are of #911.
Ken P.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:41 AM

LOVE the "black side down" picture.

Well thanks for the info . . . . kinda looked like from the clothing that it was a 90's thing.

Thanks for all the info and pictures. VERY helpful. Hopefully my build thread will start soon.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:09 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

I'm gearing up to tackle this subject in 1/100 scale. Entex Boeing 747-200 and Tamiya Space Shuttle. Some special add-ons to make all come together.

Tracy
Old 05-15-2017, 05:13 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of lightSCI-FI is a glorious beacon of light

Can't wait to see it.

Also: lol re "Black Side Down"