Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Love it. Print it, kit it, make a small fortune. Add a photoshopped Jack Lord into every box and it's 10/10.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:36 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

The more I think on it, this really would have been a super Ares for Axanar.

Bob
Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

The Yard is beginning to stir with activity as brass for Sentinel's keel arrives this week and a full 1:350 scale (52 x 28") blueprint is printed. In the meantime, some of the new uniform concept designs are being modeled by the crew:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Cool uniforms. For the ladies I like the 'skort.' That's actually close to the style of uniform my main character wears on her ship.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-23-2015, 04:55 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I want to go on record as being a skort fan too.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

While I can see the 'skort' as a practical design, from a purely male-chauvinist point of view, I don't like it. Don't like it at all.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I like the short skirt but with the leggings, so it's not bar-casual. It's still a professional look.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Astrojay

Astrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really nice

I finally made it here , looks like a great project and once again your construction skills will be , as always , an inspiration to all us starship builders
Old 10-05-2015, 06:45 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Actual work is underway in the model shipyard on the Sentinel secondary hull master. This is being constructed from .060 sheet styrene as sectional bulkheads over a central profile keel. The hull will then be skinned in .040 sheet, detailed and scribed before cast into two resin halves. A square-tube brass internal armature will support the model.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Wow. I mean WOW.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:07 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Wow. I mean WOW.
Thanks. I mean THANKS!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:31 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Oh man, this is going to be great Bill!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 AM
I hate Illinois Nazis

Isurus is on a distinguished road

Incredible! Mucho talent on display here!
Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 AM
All ahead full

Ha! It's all just plastic!

Speaking of, the skinning process has begun using .040 sheet over the framework. I wasn't sure just how well this was going to go. I've been making paper templates of each piece and trimming them for adjustments before cutting the plastic. Then, I 'm rolling a curve in the sheet with my hands or over the edge of the bench to get the panel as close as I can to the final shape before I glue it down. So far, on the four panels I glued onto the nose of the secondary, the process seems to be working. The other issue I will soon be addressing is in the areas where two panels join and have to share the same frame member. The frame is made from .060 and not quite wide enough to support a seam. I will have to double those frames up - kind of like doubling a 2x4 stud when drywalling.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 AM

Exceptional. Just simply exceptional. Both for the work involved and for the just plain and simple mastery involved in your work. You build it like it's really going to fly...