Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Nice, I look forward to your future builds. Sometimes, I hate looking at military coz I try not to go back to them but I already got some armour in front of my face now. LOL!

B
[ Ben Kenobi ]... you want to build tanks...[ /Ben Kenobi ]

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:12 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

(influenced)... I... want... to be ... building..... Trade Federation Tank, yeah baby! LOLOL.

That and a few modern tanks that are waiting for painting. Couple of LVTP7, T72, M1... I am sticking to the modern stuff. I don't want to go back to WWII stuff.

Whoa, what the...??? Dude, that's your obscene looking Ywing in your website??? Man, that's very nice! Why did I have to click on your website? Now, I am liking what I saw in there. Man, that M1A2 looks sick! Love it!

Hey, don't be shy and post them up here will ya? Damn, those are beautiful works you got inside there.

B
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God
Smile

Quote:
(influenced)... I... want... to be ... building..... Trade Federation Tank, yeah baby! LOLOL.

That and a few modern tanks that are waiting for painting. Couple of LVTP7, T72, M1... I am sticking to the modern stuff. I don't want to go back to WWII stuff.

Whoa, what the...??? Dude, that's your obscene looking Ywing in your website??? Man, that's very nice! Why did I have to click on your website? Now, I am liking what I saw in there. Man, that M1A2 looks sick! Love it!

Hey, don't be shy and post them up here will ya? Damn, those are beautiful works you got inside there.

B
Yeah - I really like the modern armor subjects too. Several good US MV's to choose from out there...

Thanks for the compliments on my website and works too! I have to finish my Y-Wing page, though. I built it and sold it so fast, I didn't get a chance to finish the page. Working on another to photo and complete it.

I really like my M1A2 Abrams SEP conversion - it was the first out there. A few other modelers asked me for plans and information from General Dynamics to build their own - and they took credit for it too (don't 'cha hate that!) - but I didn't give 'em everything. They missed several features of the production vehicle. I was working as an technical editor for Michael Green's book M1 Abrams at War during the time I modeled "BOOM STICK" and they (General Dynamics Land Systems) and the real vehicle's crew in Iraq made every effort for me to get to know that tank up-close. The Abrams Main Battle Tank is bitchin'!

I also like to call it my "Anti-Dragon" weapon - at that time I refused to let the information I worked so hard to get, get sent to Dragon Models' technical advisor assisting them with their own model kit and be used in their propaganda machine. I really hate that guy too - an arrogant SOB, and they snubbed me because of prior affiliation with AFV Club/Hobby Fan's owner and engineering team, in addition to his less-than-friendly relations with me personally.

So, I treated them like they treated me - and like to think the two+ year delay in bringing their kit to market was perhaps in a small way influenced by my 'A2 SEP conversion and them having to find and build their own resources. If there was ever a major manufacturer's business practice I despise - it would be Dragon Models.

Probably waaaay more than you wanted to know... ...didn't mean to rant!

I'll post more projects - I just didn't think anyone would really be interested in MV models on a Sci-Fi-related board.

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

Old 01-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Jim.... I can't wait to see what artwork you post next! This truck is amazing!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 01-12-2008, 09:53 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Yeah, that Ywing's smoking hot! Love the paintings/weatherings job on it! Post whatever pic you can on here and I really like that paint scheme too!

Gotta show that Xwing too! We, here love Xwings!

I am a fan of US and German tanks. I am huge on them before returning to SW modeling some 5 years ago.

I sure know about people out there taking your work/idea as their own. I think the worse bits is when they try to share with you back your ideas/work! LOL Been there, recieved that too and freaking hated it as hell!

Well, didn't know Dragon technical advisor to be such an asshole! I do have many of their tanks but the most tankies I met do not regconised anything built OOB and pointed me to several after market tank parts and bits.

To use a complete set for any single tank, those damn parts usually ended up costing 3-5 times more expensive than the model itself. That's where I slowly get turned off on military because seems like no stock kit is accurate enough. LOL

Thinking sci-fi will be far more forgiving. Damn, its actually far far worse! LOL

But you will have to bare with me because in time to come when I post my military kits. I have more Dragon than Tamiya or AFV Club... er... no, wrong, I have more Italeri than any of those. LOL

However, I will accurised whatever I can on each model. After all, time and effort has already been put in. I am glad to bump into you here coz I have several that I will need your advise on where to buy the after market parts. Been out of this for so long I don't know who is who anymore. LOL

Well, one thing for sure is. Sci-fi models like we are used to today are derivative from military models. Also, speaking for myself. I just love to see very well painted/weathered model irregardless of the genre.

B

Last edited by Boxster; 01-12-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Quote:
That's where I slowly get turned off on military because seems like no stock kit is accurate enough. LOL

Thinking sci-fi will be far more forgiving. Damn, its actually far far worse! LOL
Yep - ain't that the truth! I love RI so much because I found a far nuttier modeling world that MV modeling. I feel - sane...

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios

Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM

Yeah, hardcore builders! I am scared to even post a stock Erlt SW model, LOL j/k A lot of you guys here are plain sweet!

B
Old 01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

I'll keep my eyes out for your MV-related posts too - if I can lend a helping hand on any aftermarket out there for what you're building, I'll give a shout out.

I think you should post a stock ERTL SW model - I think these guys would love commenting on it!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios

Old 01-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
I'll keep my eyes out for your MV-related posts too - if I can lend a helping hand on any aftermarket out there for what you're building, I'll give a shout out.

I think you should post a stock ERTL SW model - I think these guys would love commenting on it!
Thanks, really appreciate that a lot!

As for the Erlt, well, am modding some of them from time to time to the best of my abilities. But nothing for the moment tho, both my compressors are in need of serious servicings.

B