Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:12 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Battlestar COLUMBIA

Ditto what opel_1970 said!

Great ideas for the pods, and yes, never enough guns!!

Simply beautiful job!!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I coulda swore I'd responded to this before...?

Just wanna say that this thing is frakkin' awesome and that I have to change my drawers every time I look at it!

I was chatting w/Aptivaboy the other night and he reminded me about an idea that I'd thought of previously, yet had somewhat forgotten. I had the idea to use one of my Monogram Galactica's to basically copy what you've done. I always stopped, tho, because it's just a whole lot of extra work that I didn't want to have to deal with, as I wanted it to look as close to your work of art as I could get it.

Well, Bob reminded me of this and said that with the coming Moebius Models TOS Galactica kit, he wanted to give it a try.

BAM!

I'd sort of forgotten about the whole idea. Hope you don't mind if I give it a try! I plan to even give a shot at the drop bays.

Thanks again for sharing this and I want to say one more time just how awesome this build is! And I mean that in the sense of awe-inspiring.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Please! Improve upon it! My COLUMBIA is now, proudly, the property of the Kuhn Orbital Shipyards, and it does my heart glad to know that folks like you approve of it.

Since Blood and Chrome I realized that more main guns could be put all over it so, perhaps I will do another one, even more detailed and maybe a 4-footer rebuild in the future, inclining more towards the new universe. Lets make a whole fleet!

Other projects are on the table for now that I won't go in to because the last time I announced a project early (PALOMINO) the idea and plan (down to the exact scale) was, for lack of another term, stolen/lifted/beaten-to-the-punch (hey, lets' do this before this schmuck, BB43MAN, does it so we can make some $$$$ off of it and not him!) by a certain garage kit company who now benefit's from it so, I won't tell you what I'm doing now. It's going be great, though. I'm fitting it between my art projects and I hope that when I'm ready to go, everyone will like it and I will only announce it when it IS ready.

Please, feel free to improve on the COLUMBIA Class design and keep posting updates of your progress.

Last edited by BB43MAN; 11-14-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Who's doing the Palomino kit or am I not hanging out at the right forums?

Mike
Old 11-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

That's what I was wondering, too...? I hadn't heard of anyone doing any such kit. Kinda sux that someone is profiting off your research - that you presumably shared? - and not giving you something for your efforts. You should let us know so we can brow-beat them, abjure them and fart in their general direction!

That's just frakked up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
Please! Improve upon it! My COLUMBIA is now, proudly, the property of the Kuhn Orbital Shipyards, and it does my heart glad to know that folks like you approve of it.

Since Blood and Chrome I realized that more main guns could be put all over it so, perhaps I will do another one, even more detailed and maybe a 4-footer rebuild in the future, inclining more towards the new universe. Lets make a whole fleet!

Other projects are on the table for now that I won't go in to because the last time I announced a project early (PALOMINO) the idea and plan (down to the exact scale) was, for lack of another term, stolen/lifted/beaten-to-the-punch (hey, lets' do this before this schmuck, BB43MAN, does it so we can make some $$$$ off of it and not him!) by a certain garage kit company who now benefit's from it so, I won't tell you what I'm doing now. It's going be great, though. I'm fitting it between my art projects and I hope that when I'm ready to go, everyone will like it and I will only announce it when it IS ready.

Please, feel free to improve on the COLUMBIA Class design and keep posting updates of your progress.
It's hard to improve upon greatness. I just want to try and get close to the perfection in design you came up with. I definitely like your gun placement over a lot of the fan-produced drawings I've seen. The only thing I was going to do that was different was to add a set of fixed "nose" guns.

Thanks again for sharing the buildup, as well as the finished pics. Again, it's definitely inspiring. I just gotta be patient and wait for the Moebius Models 1/4105 scale kit to be released.

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Same here. As I said earlier, I had a similar idea of doing an TOS Galactica as if it where in the new series universe, but I only have the Timeslip kit, and don't want to mess with it. Just waiting for the Moebius kit to mod. Though I don't have a lot of experience with scratch building so I guess we'll see. Lol

Chris
Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

The only way to learn is to throw yourself headfirst into a project and figure things out as you go until it's finished. Same as the rest of us. It's much more satisfying than building a standard kit, believe me!

Mike