Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Better late than never, but NICE BUILD there, Don!

Human hair? Now that's really putting your personal stamp on a build. Unless it's someone else's hair. A bit like the bloodstains from hobby knife cuts inside a couple of my projects!

There is a beautiful U-boat model that appears at our local model show each year. It's a heavily weathered version, but it must be the same kit. Your pristine version shows off those lines much better. She's an impressive display piece for sure.

Man, the Nazi's had the coolest toys during WW2 didn't they?

Mike, Oz
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Mike,
Every once in awhile I get this feeling from the liberal PC types that they wonder why anone would "perpetuate Naziism" by building German WWII subjects. Well of course, I seperate the politics and simply acknowledge it was a grim stage in our history and those machines I model were our 'adversaries' at that time. But YES, somehow the Germans made some of the most visually interesting subjects available!
Thanks for your kind words my friend!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up VERY NICE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Mike,
I seperate the politics and simply acknowledge it was a grim stage in our history and those machines I model were our 'adversaries' at that time. But YES, somehow the Germans made some of the most visually interesting subjects available!
Good statements. I agree.

Though what happens is truly awful during any war... as the boys and men we have become... sometimes those weapons, and designs, managed to generate our imaginations. This is why most anything in this hobby, and movies, is viewed as KEWL! Just look at what we revere as AWESOME in Star Wars, Star Trek, and Battlestar... all powerfully fitted, and very killer designs.

This sub build of yours is FANTASTIC!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 06-12-2008, 08:19 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Kurt, Mike et al,

Perhaps another "spin" is to acknowledge that Democarcy and freedom went up against what was then, the "ultimate evil" and of course the arch-villain has to have the "coolest toys", right?

Thanks again for the interest in my build.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Kurt, Mike et al,

Perhaps another "spin" is to acknowledge that Democarcy and freedom went up against what was then, the "ultimate evil" and of course the arch-villain has to have the "coolest toys", right?

Thanks again for the interest in my build.
he he he he...indeed my friend.

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox