Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future
Default '07 Contest Winner:32" Millennium Falcon--scratchbuilt

Hi all,
Well, here's my contest entry. I was greatly encouraged by the comments in the modeling thread. Dunno what kind of chance I have against some of these kick ass builds, but here she is!

A couple of overall views:

A couple of profile "fly-by" shots:

Here are some detail views of the forward sections:

Details of the aft sections:

I built portions of the interior, too. The cockpit and the dorsal gun turret:

Just a couple more detail shots to round out the photos:

There are more shots in my thread in the Modeling section.
Hope you enjoy the pics!
Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4528.jpg (62.5 KB, 65 views)
Old 10-21-2007, 07:33 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

wow, nice
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

I'm not an expert on whether any of those greeblies are accurate, but I like it.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 AM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox666
I'm not an expert on whether any of those greeblies are accurate, but I like it.
Well, in that case they are 100% accurate.

Actually they're as close as I could make them in this scale. But thanks!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

All I need to know is that it looks like the Falcon to me.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM

borz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to all

THAT is something special!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

You win.

Mike, Oz
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

That is exceptional work, man! Great attention to detail and the paint job is spot-on. Good job!

Does it have lights? If so, how about a pic of that?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN
That is exceptional work, man! Great attention to detail and the paint job is spot-on. Good job!

Does it have lights? If so, how about a pic of that?
No lights. I haven't had good luck with building my own electronics.
I'd be afraid that it would just have wound up as a smoldering lump of melted, blackened plastic.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Nevertheless, lights or not, excellent job! Me likey!
Old 12-17-2007, 02:49 PM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

What an absolute stunning creation.....nothing more to say....nothing left to say!!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 AM

faustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nicefaustus100 is just really nice
Smile

LOL-I NEVER EVER get tired of seeing that model
Hey Sup-I never did ask you what color did you use for the base?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:06 AM

Faustus! Thanks, and how's YOUR Falcon coming?? Any updates lately?
For mine, I used a color called "White Pine." I think it was a spray bomb from Rustoleum. Maybe one of their outdoor decorator paints. . . I can't remember now, and haven't really needed to look for it for several years. It was actually a very pale grayish white, which of course darkened up with weathering. I did several color tests when I was getting ready to paint her. This was before all the nice new ILM info came out about the Floquil colors and stuff. But I think it's a decent base color.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:00 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very Nice!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I can't say there's a single thing I like about it - I like it all!

What I really keep looking at is the Cockpit and Gun Well treatments. Bravo!

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...