Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A Sow's Ear- WIP

Bloody hell!!
1/350
You crazy webbed footed waddling duck!!
Damn ya just took it to a new level that insaneness!!

BTW,great fucking work Duckster!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:36 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Bloody hell!!
1/350
You crazy webbed footed waddling duck!!
Damn ya just took it to a new level that insaneness!!

BTW,great fucking work Duckster!!!
Actually it was all an accident. I'd bought the Intruders to bolster the airwing for the 'Enterprise Project' and of course Trumpeter has taken 1/350th planes to a new level what with the nice multipiece assemblies with provisions to pose the wings folded or opened, pretty scale realistic landing gear and best of all the clear canopies. Then I had ordered the White Ensign Models PE set for the Nimitz to also use on the Enterprise and get the deck equipment what with the tractors, bomb carts and such. But then I suddenly realized that the 'maniac' at WEM also included a full cockpit conversion along with the more to be expected parts like weapon hardpoints, a better tailhook and wing fold 'hinges'. But to include the airbrakes and extended ailerons? Dang, suddenly it was a 'detailing challenge' being issued! Well who am I to allow such parts to sit around dormant? Somehow even though I have surfed the web alot and looked at carrier builds I don't recall anyone talking about all of these detail pieces for the A/C? So I had to see what the hell they might look like, right?

So it wasn't my fault Phil, really.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:58 AM

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

^
Well when ya put it that way!!!

What a challenge,it's hard to believe ya can do those mods to a 1/350 aircraft!
Nothing wrong with your eye site there Don!
Damn ya got a fantastic touch with such tiny pieces dude!!
Keep it going my friend!!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:13 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Hoping not to belabor the point but I'm kinda amazed that WEM included all these details to pack into the plane? I mean a cockpit with twin ejector seats, an instrument panel with guages etched into it and even a joystick? I really wish I had whatever kind of high tech, high dollar photography equipment it would take just to show you what that really looks like! I wanted to add seat harnesses too but then realized making them in scale might be the size of human hair? I think I'll call what they gave me to work with as 'good enough'!

Thank you for the kind words mate.

Oh BTW: Wait till you see one of the lil helos! A full cabin floor inside with an etched cargo door to be posed open! Now that's gonna be fucking cool!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Crazy ass mofo!!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

another pshycotic modeler yay!!!!

Ive seen the WEM kits, they have them for lots of planes, all the Trumpeter ones, for Tico,I got their F9s and some Spads for my dads airwing. havent gotten the ships PE yet. also, I just got a trumpeter 144 scale Su 47......daaaamnnn they do 144 very nice too.
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
another pshycotic modeler yay!!!!

Ive seen the WEM kits, they have them for lots of planes, all the Trumpeter ones, for Tico,I got their F9s and some Spads for my dads airwing. havent gotten the ships PE yet. also, I just got a trumpeter 144 scale Su 47......daaaamnnn they do 144 very nice too.

It was only after already using Gold Medal Models and Tom's Modelwerks for ships that I ran across White Ensign Models. Damn, they make some very thorough and detail filled frets. Somehow I give them the edge for their research and providing a modeler something to help the project stand apart from the pack! Oh, and Trumpeter has kicked Tamiya's ass thoroughly when it comes to airplanes intended to compliment the ship models. For some reason it's almost as if Tamiya doesn't care yet either? I replace the Tam's with Trumps every chance I get!

I will take "psychotic" as a compliment of course!

Now let's see some of your "lil birds" decked out too!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien9479 View Post
Crazy ass mofo!!

Um, why thank you!
Takes one to know one!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Say Don don't you think you could have found something smaller to work on .
Old 08-17-2008, 01:27 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

There must be some mistake, you ordered the small model....................

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Great stuff.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Daytona, Suki,

I'm just building what I can afford!

Up top I added a small sccop that belongs in front of the tail slightly offset on the spine and then a pitot tube to the upper edge of the tail fin.
Came time for the underside so I added the weapons pylons, gear doors and tailhook. Then it was what to do about the landing gear? The PE fret had nice detail but is of course FLAT while the kit parts weren't horrifically oversized but lacked detail? Some folks seem to choose one or the other but I saw no reason not to combine them? On the rear tires I hogged them out to accept the PE hubs then cutdown the bracing for the struts off the PE parts and added them too. Up front I cut the nosewheel assembly with it's twin tires down the middle, shaved the diameter of the main strut some and then inserted the PE strut with brace and catapult hook right in between. Snapped some pics and I hope you can gather what I've described?

Comments, questions and tips to improve myself are always welcomed!
Thanks for stopping in!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

It's hard to believe that is 1/350th!!
Looks awesome Don!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

^Why thank you! I'm thinking it needs a weapons load?

I'll tellya, it might be small in size but it's been big on fun! It was odd to notice that one of the wheel hubs in brass wasn't much bigger than the eye of Lincoln on the penny? Sure was great to find that "gag coin"!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:45 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
All you guys around here building in these huge scales is really discouraging to the the rest of us. Try dialing it back, would ya, Don?

Great, the build is done and it is pretty nice.
That's not all that impressive.
I wanna see those we little "Beware of Blast" and "No Step" warning decals on that little bastard.

I wanna see the whites of the pilots eyes!

I had all of those parts ready to go and they accidentally stuck to my peanut butter sandwhich for lunch. Oh wait, here, take a look up my ass I think they're on the way now?

Bwahahahahahahahaha

You jest but I did think of carving out the engine intake cover for a set of the built in drop down steps that these planes have. But this was just meant to be a quick diversion so I thought better of it.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 AM

Jeepers DD,thats turned out real damn cool!
Bloody fine job there bud!!
Bet ya can't wait to get back to those large scale builds soon?

Just incredible dude!!