Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 AM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Stunning Work!!!! Sad to here about the recasting too. I have the Starbuck edition I really wish I could have gotten the Apollo edition becausr the detail looks so much better, at least in the cockpit. GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

This piece is BEAUTIFUL!!! Nicely done!!!

So... who is the final owner of this BEASTIE?!!! LOLOLOLOL

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 12-29-2007, 10:47 AM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Ok, back to the grind stone on this one.

Started filling in the landing gear bays. The opened doors that are supplied in the kit, really don't fit the openings well.....so I had to scratch most of it from sheet styrene.
This will end up with me sanding some more....and filling....and sanding....(oh god, does it ever stop??!!!)

Gil

Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

bump! Meesa wants to seesa update.

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Sorry I haven't been posting any up-dates here guys..... been busy for the last few days..... what with resting my fingures from sanding.
And the whole stolen photos thing. (what a wierd guy )

I will be taking some pics this week and be posting as soon as possible.
Work has me hopping right now.

Gil
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All
Thumbs up Oh YEAH!

gentlemen

Boy oh boy! I sure do love all this over the top, extra mile, minute detail work all you guys put into your builds and you make it look so easy too........

Richard
Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 PM

Well, thank you Richard.
Your too kind.

Finally.....some up-date pics for this Viper. After quite a few days at filling, sanding, and filling and sanding some more...... I finally got the landing gear doors rescribed and done.
Hope this is well recieved.
Gil

Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Coming along nicely!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Studio Scale Pack Rat

Richard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of AllRichard_2001 Overlord Master of All
Thumbs up WOW

If you hadn't seen the construction pics with the white styrene you could not tell that the kit didn't come that way! Pretty frickin good match there.

What is your favorite scribing tool if I may ask?

I have an old curved dental pic but I never seem to get good lines like you do even when using a steel straightedge.

Thanks and great job so far!!!

Richard
Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

That's freaking awesome man! One of my favourite Viper designs. For a split second, I thought Fine Mold did this? LOLOL. Love the lightings!

B
Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_2001 View Post
If you hadn't seen the construction pics with the white styrene you could not tell that the kit didn't come that way! Pretty frickin good match there.

What is your favorite scribing tool if I may ask?

I have an old curved dental pic but I never seem to get good lines like you do even when using a steel straightedge.

Thanks and great job so far!!!

Richard
My favorite scribing tool...... my #11 Exacto. I don't get really good lines with it either. That's why my fingures are a little numb right now from all the filling and sanding...and filling and sanding..... (can you guys tell I'm a little sick of....filling and sanding....)

Gil
Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 AM

Another up-date!

I did some more work late into the night.
The main wings are now attached....(pulling the wiring thru the mount tube was a little but of a bitch..)

And am doing a test fitting of the mount tube to the base that came with the kit. This base will then be mounted to a box that will end up holding the circut board and controls for all the lights.
Also am adding detail to the missle tube area under the nose.
Still have to finish the wing roots but it's progressing.

Gil

Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

smooooooooooooth.... nice!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 01-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

That is a turn on!

B
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, the ol" shaft up the ass Thaks Gil! It look sgreat! I can't wait to get it.

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....