Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
No prob Mech......

Yes, as far as the switches..... The base will have a master on power switch or button...(I haven't decided yet).... and then the four swtiches for the four different light circuts......
1) Instruments
2) Pilot Helmet
3) Formation Lights
4) Engines

The trimmers .... (or pots ).... on the board are so I can set the brightness of LEDs for each circut. For instance, the insturments and formation lights are WWWAAAAYYYYY ttooooo bright on full power, so the pots will let me turn them down to a more realalistic level. But the helmet lighting, and the engines will probably be left at near full power.

Gil
That is nothing short of absolutley fucking COOL!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 AM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Or as I like to say, absofuckinglutely cool!

Being able to adjust each lighting effect will sure add realism, and as mentioned (twice) will be [cartman]Kickass![/cartman]

Thanks again Mech, 777

Originally I asked Randy to just put one pot on the board for the instruments. He did pots on all the circuts himself, and now I'm very happy he did. After testing all the lights and seeing that more then one circut was being over driven.
It will deffinately help the realism of the lighting.

Again, if any one here needs a custom board for thier project.... I will talk with my friend and see if he's be willing to this stuff as a side job for some extra mula.

Gil
Old 03-05-2008, 01:46 PM

Sherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to allSherlock Holmes is a name known to all

It's nearly done!!!!!!!!

The base is finished. Five toggle switches, one for main power, and four for the seperate curcuits. 9V wall power transformer.
Everything works Great!!!!!

Minor touch ups to do, now that I can have the lights on and can touch up while looking for the leaks.

Here I have taken pics of it with the Version 1 kit...("Starbuck" version).... that I did for myself.

Flying in formation... as it were.

In some of these pics you can see the significant differences in the two verions of this kit.

I will shoot more pics tonight when it gets darker and I can show everyone the lighting effects better.

For now.... enjoy all.

Gil

Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM

ave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud ofave4uevoli has much to be proud of

gah! ... so beautiful.. i'm going blind... I'm seeing double! hee hee..

can't wait for more pics!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Ok guys

I was able to take some pics of what each switch does for the lighting.
Sorry for the dead pixels..... I guess it's time to start looking for a new digital camera.

First up is a shot to show how I mounted, and wired the switches and board.

Next.... main power switch is on.....

And the indicator on the board is on....

Next..... the Instruments....

#2..... Pilot Helmet lighting...

#3.... Formation Lights....

And lastly...#4.. Engines....

Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM

thx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the rough

Awesome built! AWESOME.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Damn Gil. That cockpit is beyond cool. Fuckin A!
Beautiful work my friend!

Thank you Mech, THX217
I, most humbley appreciate the compliments.

Gil
Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 AM
"I'm just a head."

DaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant future

Very inspiring. Great stuff.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Ah yes... the lights make this just a wonder to behold!