Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Post Get away from her you BITCH!

This is the Forbidden Zone 1/8 power loader kit. As far as i know only about 20 or so were ever made and sold at Wonderfest in Kentucky. I guess that makes me lucky huh. The kit was an amazing build and really fun to paint up. The sculpt of Ripley is excellent and posed a real challenge to paint it to look like the actress. Im glad i was able to get it. i had been following its development for a long time and when i saw it for sale at WF when i went i just had to have it. Shortly after completing it i entered it in an IPMS regional and it took 4 awards in that single contest.

Enjoy!

I think i need to clean my camera lense...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5381.JPG (520.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5382.JPG (535.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5383.JPG (522.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5384.JPG (593.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5386.JPG (551.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5388.JPG (652.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5389.JPG (579.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5390.JPG (445.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5393.JPG (498.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5396.JPG (453.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5397.JPG (375.6 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Eagle-1; 09-09-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Get away from her you BITCH!

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but again, nice work!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

Awesome work!!! I love it! Yes, I am jealous of the kit.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Amazing work!!

~Pete~
Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

I've never seen one of these painted before. I did see the sculpt someplace and yeah, totally agree, the guy that did the Ripley sculpt did a great job.

This is wonderful, you've done a fantastic job indeed. Kudos
Old 07-20-2009, 03:44 AM

RickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to beholdRickDTM is a splendid one to behold

Killer work HWR!

You're luckier than you think....there were only 10 kits ever made. Ripley was sculpted by a talented chap named Gabriel Marquez. Sideshow picked up the piece and is releasing it (minus the Sigourney Weaver head) as part of their Alien Queen diorama duo.

http://www.dragonstoothminiatures.com
Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

only 10! GAH! Now i wonder if i should have built it..Wonder how much it could sell for?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

WOW- awesome kit and as you said, turns out a lucky score! But I'm very glad that you did build it and a mighty fine job at that! Did you actually paint in the details like the stitching on the harness? Incredible.

Thanks so much for sharing what I otherwise wouldn't have seen and enjoyed so much!

Major kudos!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Brilliant job of a fantastic kit.

Great pics too.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:40 AM

thx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the roughthx217 is a jewel in the rough

Awesome kit. Great job!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Shit got real.

Thanks again guys. I wish the kit had a wider availability though. It is the ultimate power loader kit. If you happen to find one of the 9 remaining ones out there GET IT!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 AM

TIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant futureTIPPETT has a brilliant future

Great work and great figure, the finished one is really excellent. Congratulations!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Shit got real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Did you actually paint in the details like the stitching on the harness? Incredible.

Thanks so much for sharing what I otherwise wouldn't have seen and enjoyed so much!

Major kudos!
Thanks Duck. Yes little things like the stiching in the harness were hand painted. The detail wasnt even present on the castings. After watching the movie though the detail was too prominent to not include. Another added detail was the hosing from the oxy/Acetalyne torch with the zip ties on it. The ties are really fine fuse wire twisted tight the clipped close to the main twist.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

This is one of my favourite builds of yours. Everything's perfect about it. Now you just need an in-scale Alien Queen...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Shit got real.

Well if anyone knows of a 1/8 or 1/9 scale queen let me know. Id love to get her in with a base extension.